• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WhiteHawkEQ, JrClocker and don256us.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for distracting Whitehawk for me. phew.

Ummm....And how is him distracting me going to work for you? :rofl: I have not slowed down, your just a small dot in my rear view mirror, soon to be gone all together :rofl::chair:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and so as to not clutter then folding goals thread with too much smack talk...

The last update you were 11 years away, Whitehawk, now it is 14! Looks like you'll be off entirely in a couple of updates.

View attachment 190854

Maybe :) you never know, just don't slow down :sn:

Last edited:
Well, this race is long over for me but....

I finally got a replacement Asus P6T7 supercomputer WS board. This will hold up to four cards at 16x and a total of 7 cards at no less than 8x. I'll start to set it up but I will not be able to run it over the summer due to heat. By next fall I will be earning 3 million ppd!

Well, this race is long over for me but....

I finally got a replacement Asus P6T7 supercomputer WS board. This will hold up to four cards at 16x and a total of 7 cards at no less than 8x. I'll start to set it up but I will not be able to run it over the summer due to heat. By next fall I will be earning 3 million ppd!

Unless your going to use those skinny GTX 1070's, you will only get 4 if you don't use the usb internal headers, these will be blocked by the 4th GTX 1080. That or put all cards on risers.

I have 16x ribbon cables. I will populate the board with the 280x/7970's that I already have. They aren't worth selling so I will run them all until they die a gruesome fiery GPU death.

I will populate 3 or 4 cards directly on the board and populate the rest with the ribbon cables. I'm looking to get about 700 k from the board with hardware that I already have.

Well, I'm slowing way down. While the wife was trying to cool the house, the office was steady at over 81 degrees. I had to shut down my two 980Ti's last night. When we get a cool spell I'll bring them up and down but my wife is more important than my points. I'll have to slow down on the farm too in the basement as the temps sore.

I guess it's a matter of what temperatures you are used to.

81 F = 27.2 C

I keep my house at 78 F. With my PCs running in my office, the average temperature there is about 28 C (+/- 1.5 C)...so 82.4 F. That's my "normal" operating mode.

In the winter, my office "might" drop to 26 C (78.8 F) with the rest of the house at 74 F...due to our cold winters here in Florida!

:D

The wife (and I) like around 72 F. We have no idea what that is in C. :rofl: Once we get the house down to temp I can ramp up a touch but when we are trying to cool the house and the computer is on fire heating it up, I get strange looks from the Mrs.

72 is c-c-c-cold!

That's what we heat our house to in the winter!

Heck - when the house is at 76, peoples in my house are covering up with blankets!

I grew up in the North...it takes about a year for your blood to thin...hehe!

Well, you've dropped off my rear-view mirror. Still above my 7-day rolling average, but that will probably change by tomorrow sometime.

Guess who I see on my conquest list? :rofl: I told you not to slow down.

Last edited:
Guess who I see on my conquest list? :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Guess who I see on my conquest list? :rofl: I told you not to slow down.

I drove to St Louis and back again this weekend and apparently a few hours after I left, the cats got annoyed with me and rebooted the computer.

It is back up and running, so you'll drop off again. No worries.

I drove to St Louis and back again this weekend and apparently a few hours after I left, the cats got annoyed with me and rebooted the computer.

This sums up my opinion on cats.

Glad you back up but not glad your back up :rofl:

My babies. Left to right: Ginger, MaryAnn
Picture 010.jpg

Back