• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whiteout vs Glue for unlocking XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

12am

Well I've read just about every guide to unlocking xp cpu's that I could find... and I'm a little confused about it... some say to use white out to fill in the laser cut gaps, while others swear by the glue. now I've never unlocked a cpu in my life and Im wondering which one I should use? also I hear rear window defogger kits work well to connect the bridges is this so?

filling with thermal paste? havent seen that before i think i'll try that way, the first time i try it! also if like i want to get the thermal paste out of the grooves for some reason how do u take it out?

I was all set to solder mine, like Hoot does, then it got here, and I saw the size of those damn little things, somehow they look real big in all the pics LOL Maybe if I had a stereo inspection scope or something I'd think about it.

Still assessing my level of bravado/stupidity in what I will finally attempt here. Probably for experiment going to try an idea we cooked up here in a thread a while back about cutting tiny strips of tinfoil, sticking them on scotch tape and taping that over the top.
dunno how permanent that would be though.

I used white-out. Very Very simple. just let it dry good.
Run a razor over the top to clean it off , then do the bridges.

Filling the hole is never a problem. Just make sure it's not conductive material you're doing it with.

:cool:

Crayon huh? What color?
LOL

Back