• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who Makes The Best RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Who makes the best RAM?

• Micron/Crucial

Votes: 169 11.5%
  • OCZ

Votes: 363 24.6%
  • Samsung

Votes: 17 1.2%
  • Mushkin

Votes: 137 9.3%
  • Corsair

Votes: 384 26.1%
  • Nanya

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Geil

Votes: 46 3.1%
  • Infineon

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • Kingston

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • GSkill

Votes: 191 13.0%
  • Patriot

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • Adata

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • PQI

Votes: 12 0.8%
  • Twinmos

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Wintec

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Other Stuff

Votes: 39 2.6%

• Total voters
I'm personally a corsair fan but I'd go for GSkill if I could afford it. Mushkin looks pretty popular but I'll never know cause they don't sell it here in Britan. In fact we can't get half as many brands as you yanks :p

gobeyond is carrying our products over there. you can check with them.

Duonger

Cobalt said:
I'm personally a corsair fan but I'd go for GSkill if I could afford it. Mushkin looks pretty popular but I'll never know cause they don't sell it here in Britan. In fact we can't get half as many brands as you yanks :p

Cobalt said:

I guess we are lucky, ask the newegg guy when they plan on shipping internationally.

It's really a toss up. I love the PQI that I have now...it overclocks wonderfully. It really comes down to what's performing the best at a given time, and how much I can get for the least amount of money. OCZ has done very well lately for OC'ers, and Mushkin is also another great choice. Crucial has always been very solid, Kingston has always been inexpensive and reliable.

Patriot for me. Excellent value for money. I don't see how one cannot grab some DDR575+ TCCD for < $160.

I'm hitting 290MHz (2.5-3-4-10-2T) with 512 x 4 Mb (More about this after I re-install windows ) :)

JNGTP94 said:
I personaly love Geil because it performs great and looks amazing

Same here I was looking to upgrade from a crappy 256mb PC2700 chip I first started off with. The website I bought my Processor off was having weekly special offers and I read at the time 1GB is a excellent amount to have with XP. I saw that they were selling GEIL 1GB Value Memory pack for £102 down from £125 I just got a £100 bonus from work so invested in some.

I Noticed better performance as soon as I installed it and it was great to see in my BIOS the words "DUAL CHANNEL ENABLED". Which ment better bandwidth for my PC all around also the blue heat spreaders (even thou they are aluminium) go with my blue LED fans and lighting.

freeagent said:
I like my ocz, but i need more megahurts

LOL

I really like my kingstons now, and I voted for it too... Thats not to say that I won't be switching when i get a few more pluses in the $ department... I'm definitely gonna get at LEAST pc4000... brand undecided.

I voted GSkill. If you look at the very top end OCing RAM, GSkill is always at the top.

Crucial for 2 gb, GSkill for 1gb.

Back