• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

who took my OcForums name and put it on AIM!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have right now 11 passwords i can remeber and all of them are 8 letters or more and all contain special characters and numbers and letters :D

to bad i have trouble remebering such simple things

I used to think my name was unique, at least in the way I spell it. After a quick ICQ search a while back (searching for the numbers to my name to log in), I discovered that there are tons of folks with their names like mine. Guess my initials aren't unique enough :p

I thought just about every combination of letters was taken considering there are millions, if not billions of aim accounts. But, beleive it or not, amd0cer is unique. :)

I don't use my forum handle on AIM, but just about everywhere else. Time to check:D

A buddy of mine here at NC State has "I go to NC State" and got "I go to App State" since he is transferring there. I was really surprised those were available.

zip22 said:
i was wondering how effective talking with the person who has your screen name would be. i was mad when i found out my forum name was in use on AIM too. i wonder if you could talk with the person and maybe buy it from them or something. what would really **** me off would be if no one ever signed onto the name. i wonder if AOL deletes old accounts and the names become available again after a certain period of time

Nope, been waiting for a screen name i lost the password to in 1996, still NO GOOD.

gt24 itself is normally taken, but then again it is four letters!

goldentiger24 was normally not taken, except on AIM, there I had to add a bit to the name. However, the addition worked out well.

Still, I'm one of only a few rare Golden Tiger's that you'll see on the net however I bet others exist...

I have my OCF name on AIM but then changed it. I should do a format honestly because I don't know half the people on my list. Damn trillian importing everyone from old lists.

I actually saw a Xenocide on CS:source tonight and asked if he was from OCforums. He didn't know what OC forums was,... Thank god it wasn't our Xeno, cause this guy was a d@#che..... thats a pretty unique name and its being used by more than one as well...

Elif_Tymes=Most Unique Name Evar.

Elid_Copenhagen=Name I use when elif_Tymes is taken because I registered and lost the password

Elidian=The name I use when I want to use a single word.

My solution to avoid having the same name as someone else was to make new initials. Thus I decided to use the name, "RJARRRPCGP" back in early 2003. I was just called "RJA" but, there's other sources called "RJA", which made me disappointed. Also found out that there's already a "rja.com", thus the reason for the above.

I also made sure that the letter sequence didn't exist on the internet before deciding for final to use the name, "RJARRRPCGP". Thus "RJARRRPCGP" literally is the most unique name.

I thought your name was just you pounding the keyboard cause every name was changed. :)

I never have any problem at all except with ebay. My name doesn't have any funky numbers or spellings, it is just too original.

My name normally Kyleboy7 (somehow that one got messed up here. I only use kyleboy77 on ocforums), however simple is almost never taken. And if it is its ususally because I forgot I've already registerd at this sight and I cycle through my old passwords until I get the right one.

Back