• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHS 2011 and Asus C60 ITX board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatter256

Special Member
Heyh,

I'm trying to install WHS 2011 on an Asus C60 ITX board.

Unfortunately, when I run the setup program, WHS2011 tells me my CPU does not meet its minimum requirements, which is 64bit CPU @1.3ghz. The AMD C60 CPU is 1ghz and 64bit.

Is there anyway I can "force" WHS 2011 to install anyway?

All I know is the file that governs minimum requirements (among other stuff) is winsetup.dll, because I have used a modded one to unlock Windows 7, and install it on a system with low memory. Maybe a coder can help us?

oc cpu to 1.3ghz?

That's what I ended up doing.

I did see a tutorial online on installing WHS2011 on a hard drive smaller than 160gig since WHS2011 also requires at a minimum a 160gig HDD. The tutorial used a user generated cfg.ini off of a USB thumbdrive (similar to the unattended install .xml files I've used before for Win7) that winsetup would recognize and utilize. However, that cfg.ini file couldn't do anything about the 1.3ghz requirement.

So yeah, I overclocked a C60 to 1.3ghz, which is as high as it will go.

Just a quick update... the motherboard started crashing after being on for extended periods of time. I dialed back the overclock to default settings and WHS is non-the-wiser and still runs with a 1.0ghz C60 CPU.

You can get around those minimum requirements.

If installing from DVD... do this...

As soon as you are greeted with the screen asking if you want a new install or to repair a previous one push Shift + F10 to bring up cmd.
Type "notepad.exe" without quotes then click file open and browse to sources/SKU/SERVERHOMEPREMIUM.def (you may have to select all files at the bottom so you can see the .def file).
From inside here you can change your amount of ram, number of cpu cores, HDD space, and processor speed to suit your needs. Save and close notepad.
Type "wpshell.exe" without quotes and hit enter => setup will restart with the new parameters.

If from Flash drive, just change the settings before you even attempt the install.

Back