• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wierd sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tikithorsen

Hello,
I'm havin' a bit of a issue here; when I enable the option "AMD C1E Support" on my BIOS, the moment it loads to my desktop I start to hear a high-pitched noise. It's ONLY on Windows though, which makes it really weird. I don't have anything overlocked, is all on auto.
¿Could it be because I'm usin' an older CPU on a new MoBo?

Specs on the sig.

possible soundcard issue maybe try to uninstall then re install the sound card drivers?

I wonder if it's inductor whine from the motherboard VRM's? or maybe even powersupply?

With C1E enabled Win7 might be 'throttling' the processor and voltages at a high speed making the current cycle on/off in the inductors and causing them to buzz. Just a thought.

if it is coming from the sound card/speakers i would try to download the proper drivers from the motherboard manufacturer and not use the default windows ones=) while windows drivers usually work there often not the best drivers for your products.

I wonder if it's inductor whine from the motherboard VRM's? or maybe even powersupply?

With C1E enabled Win7 might be 'throttling' the processor and voltages at a high speed making the current cycle on/off in the inductors and causing them to buzz. Just a thought.

Now, that sounds logical, since I pin-pointed the noise in the north-west area.
I haven't seen any difference in power consumption with it enable, so I reckon is more a option of FX processors.

Now, that sounds logical, since I pin-pointed the noise in the north-west area.
I haven't seen any difference in power consumption with it enable, so I reckon is more a option of FX processors.

This sounds logical to me as well since C1E is part of the advanced power state collection of technologies employed on modern systems.

Back