• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will Deepcool Lucifer fit in?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Riggah

Registered
So here's the thing. I've bought Corsair Graphite 230T case, and the case by itself is amazing, honestly. As far as I can read on the box, and the website even, the maximum CPU cooler is 165mm. The thing is, at first I chose Cooler Master 212 EVO cooler - which fits perfectly in the case, but then I saw Deepcool Lucifer and I was truly amazed, so I decide to get it instead of the 212 EVO. However, I've made some researches, I read some reviews and what I saw was that, the dimensions of the Lucifer cooler are 165mm WITHOUT a fan, which is the max for my case, then I saw that the dimensions WITH a fan are 3mm more. So what I am asking is - will I fit the Lucifer in my case or not. Is there anyway that I can make him fit WITHOUT making holes, or cut the case, whatsoever. The other thing is, can't I just move the fan little bit down on the cooler so I can fit it in?

P.S.Please, only people who have an idea what I am talking about, or have done something similar to say weather I can fit it or not. I really want to know as quick as possible. We all know that we can read, and from what we've read, we see that we can't, theoretically...

P.S2. (I am not being rude, it's just something that's important to me, so I have to be sure.)

I don't have your case or that cooler, but it looks like you can move the fan down a little bit from it's "stock" mounting position. It may be enough to have it fit in the case though you're still only playing with 2 mm difference between what Corsair says will fit and the dimensions of the Heatsink. It's a tough call.

I'd be skeptical of fitting a 165mm heatsink in a case that says the max is 165mm.
What happens if either company is off by 1mm in the wrong direction?

Why not get a Noctua NH-D14 instead of the Lucifer? It'll cool better.

Edit: Moving the fan down is LARGELY dependent upon how tall your RAM is.

Last edited:
I'd be skeptical of fitting a 165mm heatsink in a case that says the max is 165mm.
What happens if either company is off by 1mm in the wrong direction?

Why not get a Noctua NH-D14 instead of the Lucifer? It'll cool better.

Edit: Moving the fan down is LARGELY dependent upon how tall your RAM is.

About that, Atmin, I will say that I will be using HyperX Fury 1866MhZ, which as far as I know, isn't the biggest ram on market. For the record, I am building the system still, haven't gotten the mobo only so far, and the cooler ofcourse. The thing is, about Noctua - they're out of my budget. I can't spend 80$ on cooler, or as it is in my case - 50€. (european you know.. lol :) ) So yea, any other suggestions for amazing cooler in that price range? :)

How about this...

- What's your full system budget?
- What's your current parts list (what's purchased and unpurchased)?
- What is your intended usage? If gaming, what resolution?

Well I've ordered most of the parts. They are -
i7 4790k
GTX970 inno3D icyChill
16 gb HyperX 1866Mhz
650watts Fractal Design integra M
no mobo so far
27" Philips - no 4k, full HD 1080p
Haven't got money for SSD, it will be next month..ish...Around that yes... And about clocking the CPU- I am considering it.
So as last thing I have to buy cooler as well. And I really want that f##in Deepcool thingy... It's amazing.

Last edited:
So... what's your budget for the motherboard and cooler?

What exactly makes it so amazing? It's not like it's the best thing on the market.

So... what's your budget for the motherboard and cooler?

What exactly makes it so amazing? It's not like it's the best thing on the market.

For mobo, I will be probably getting either - GB z97x SLI or MSI z97s Krait edition. I am about to finish the build soon. And for the cooler the budget is around as the deepcool is - around 30$ in us dollars. And about being not the best on market, I can say you're definitely right! But it's not the worst as well... Take a look at this thing. :) http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Deepcool/Lucifer/6.html

The Lucifer is ~$55 here, but prices vary by market.

What's your budget, in Euros, that you can spend on the cooler?

In euros it would be 25-30€, approximately. As a matter of fact, I've found a place (here where I live, and I live in Bulgaria, probably never heard of it.. Anyway :3 ) where the Lucifer is 25€ or 26$. I don't know why is that cheap but I've bought some things from that shop and they seem to be fine. For the record - new one costs that much. I mean it hasn't been used or anything...
What about this one, thought? http://hl-eshop.com/one_product.php?view_data=1|18|37|19505|1445_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0|0&lang=EN
As far as I can see, this one is also nice, and it fits both my budget and my case. The other thing is - is it as good as the Lucifer? :)

Whoa, I just looked up the exchange rate, when did the euro drop that much?!
Or is the USD just that far up?

The Dark Knight is a great cooler and would easily fit in your case.
It should slightly outperform the Lucifer, while being more friendly to RAM height.

Whoa, I just looked up the exchange rate, when did the euro drop that much?!
Or is the USD just that far up?

The Dark Knight is a great cooler and would easily fit in your case.
It should slightly outperform the Lucifer, while being more friendly to RAM height.

About the dollar, yes... it went far, far up... I don't know why, but most of the parts I've bought are being ordered by resellers from the US, and for example my CPU costs 400$... And that's a lot... Plus some other things such as PSU and so on. It goes up, and up. And about the Dark Knight, you think it's better than the Lucifer?! For realz? If it is.. well I've just got a new CPU cooler, bro! :)

Yeah, I knew it was going up, but didn't realize it had completely caught the Euro.
What happened? Oil and gas prices dropped. People started going and doing more stuff, buying more things, etc. The economy here got a MUCH needed boost and is the best we've seen in a LONG time.

I'd pick the Dark Knight over the Lucifer for sure.
I've used some other Xigmatek heatsinks before, they're quality units :thup:

Yeah, I knew it was going up, but didn't realize it had completely caught the Euro.
What happened? Oil and gas prices dropped. People started going and doing more stuff, buying more things, etc. The economy here got a MUCH needed boost and is the best we've seen in a LONG time.

I'd pick the Dark Knight over the Lucifer for sure.
I've used some other Xigmatek heatsinks before, they're quality units :thup:

Well, people are saying that, the euro will go down, and the dollar will costs... since now 1$ costs 1.83 lev (which is our currency), and 1€ costs 1.94, they're saying that the euro will go down around 1.7-8 leva, and the dollar will raise twice as much so it will go 2.8 lev for 1 dollar. Which is just...Unimaginable. As a matter of fact, people are buying dollars now here, so they can turn them in levas whenever this thing happens. And for some reason like 4-5 months ago the dollar was like 1.3-4 leva for 1 dollar. And the gas price dropped back then, now slightly starts to go up again, and we don't like that because for our salaries this is the best option and if it goes up we're screwed ... Sadly - it is what it is... But hey, I will get Dark Knight, isn't that amazing, tho? :) :D F**k the economics I've got a Dark Knight. :D

Back