• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my computer be able to run this graphics card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I havent seen any reviews or know the OEM, but a $35 500W PSU sounds like a concern to me...

It was $32 (650w not 500w, read carefully) and i never used it, and i'm not talking about the Cooler master one, that one (Believe me) wasn't cheap (Around $90).
And i did give a pic on the PSU sticker.
yTwPFMX.jpg
You really should read the whole thread before posting.

Last edited:
That says 500w...I can read....

I found a review and they do not reccommend it.

500w on what? If you mean the picture, (Cooler master, more or less $90) yeah you are right...
But earlier you said about a $35 500w power supply (Which i said 650w and $32). I know you can read but you seem to mix up the information somehow...
If you are talking about the other pictures URL, then yeah it says 500w, but the 650w picture looks exactly the same, but i just couldn't find one big enough so i picked that one, ok?

I'll just sum up everything in one paragraph

I bought a cheap PSU 650w and $32, never used it because i knew it was too cheap to use. I then bought the Cooler Master Elite 500w, $90 more or less, using it right now works perfectly fine, no problems whatsoever.

Last edited:
Whatever psu you have is not good. Lol! I'm mobile now but researcher the 500w model and it was not reccommended. :)

Whatever psu you have is not good. Lol! I'm mobile now but researcher the 500w model and it was not reccommended. :)

Ok, but atleast give me an indication that you understood what i said, like telling me the name of the PSU, because in all honesty i think my PSU is fine because it works fine and i've been using it for almost a year now with the HD 7770 graphics card (AGAIN, not the cheap PSU, the Cooler Master Elite one).
But i am thinking of buying a new one preferably 550w - 600w, is Powercool a good brand?

Ok, but atleast give me an indication that you understood what i said, like telling me the name of the PSU, because in all honesty i think my PSU is fine because it works fine and i've been using it for almost a year now with the HD 7770 graphics card (AGAIN, not the cheap PSU, the Cooler Master Elite one).
But i am thinking of buying a new one preferably 550w - 600w, is Powercool a good brand?

There's a list in Earthdog's signature of known-good PSUs. Stick to that list, grab a 500W.

Your PSU isn't a "500W" by today's standards because it only supplies 340W on the 12V rails.

Like I said before Coolermaster is not a good name in PSUs . Both PSUs you have i would not even use in my system.
because i have seen first hand what a flashy cool looking cheep psu can do to your system in my case it ended in alot of smoke from the psu and the Black magic smoke being released from my MB and Ram .

I looked up the 500w coolermaster elite. The review said it was not reccommend. It can be fine, likely will be..but the risk is failure and potential system damage in doing so.

That said it is old, and inefficient compared to today's psus and only has 360w on the 12v rail. You would be running that unit in the 80% range with your jardware. I would trust a QUALITY psu with that task, but one that is not reccommended, no.

I do not believe powercool to be a good brand, but not sure. Again, link in my Sig to the psu sticky thread.. check it out.. or go with any corsair or seasonic, lol.

I would lintk he article, but I have been replying mobile.

Last edited:
I looked up the 500w coolermaster elite. The review said it was not reccommend. It can be fine, likely will be..but the risk is failure and potential system damage in doing so.

That said it is old, and inefficient compared to today's psus and only has 360w on the 12v rail. You would be running that unit in the 80% range with your jardware. I would trust a QUALITY psu with that task, but one that is not reccommended, no.

I do not believe powercool to be a good brand, but not sure. Again, link in my Sig to the psu sticky thread.. check it out.. or go with any corsair or seasonic, lol.

I would lintk he article, but I have been replying mobile.

I'll check it out, thanks for the info.

I know it's been a few months but i just want to say i got a PSU which i think should be fine XFX P1-650S-NLB9 650W and the graphics card PNY GeForce GTX 760 XLR8. Hopefully it will be fine. The graphics card is 2gbs.

Back