• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED will my cpu be enough for the gpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What do you currently have in the system?

The 240 Regor will be at a minimum to power that GPU, it is a lower clock 2.8Ghz CPU and only a dual core. Depending on what you have now, it may not be worth it.

Have you overclocked the regor? Attempted to unlock additional cores? It so, then the 560 could be a good purchase, but if you are looking to update later it may be best to hold off.

I currently have a hd4350 so I am deffinatley looking to upgrade gpu. I had decided to get psu and gpu friday when i get paid. I just havent fully decided on what to get yet. the 560se is about the most powerfull one in my price range. 129 at newegg. I may just get the 6770 though at 104 if the cpu will have trouble with it .

I have not overclocked
This particular one dosent have any locked cores to unlock.

Grab a 7770. And get a corsair cx v2 500w psu. Unless you're set on modular. In which case consider a seasonic m12 ii 520w psu. I'm not a fan of Nvidias SE line of cards...

Corsair cx v2 430 is cheap as chips on newegg right now. Will easily handle your CPU and HD7770. 20 bucks after rebate and promo code. Just another option.

dunning3075 - what motherboard do you currently have?

I agree, a little overclock may make this GPU upgrade worth it, unfortunately it is a native dual core so unlocking a core is not possible (as I mentioned). Looking at your motherboard may give us an available upgrade route to allow just a chip replacement to really utilize a GPU upgrade.

The power supply will be fine and your choice between the 7770 and 560SE.

Nothing's wrong with it. Just Stevens opinion. If you can get one for <100; go for it. HD 6770 is fine. And shouldn't be too fast for your CPU.

The 7770 is just the update to the 6770. The first number indicates the "generation", 7xxx cards are the update to 6xxx cards.

Ten dollar diff between the 6770 and 560se. 500 w corsair should power both. Without overclocking will my CPU not work with the 560se at all. How hard is Otto overclock cpu

Nothing's wrong with it. Just Stevens opinion. If you can get one for <100; go for it. HD 6770 is fine. And shouldn't be too fast for your CPU.

He's right, nothing is wrong with them, I just feel there are better options out there in the same price range, But if you do go with a 7770 you could lower the wattage on your psu and save a few bucks ocz zt seriers a great fully modular psu

A 430w corsair will power both the 6770 and 7770. Or even a 6850, 550 ti. 500w gives the option of more powerful cards later on.. just because of the connectors.

Either way, either card will be a huge upgrade for you. Also, a HD 7850 would run off a 430w corsair cx v2 no sweat! :p.

Back