• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will the Cooler Master Nepton 240m fit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbudden2015

Hi,
I am thinking about getting the Cooler Master Nepton 240m. What I want to know is if it will fit my Enermax Ostrog GT mid tower case? No one on Tom's Hardware replied to my questions so I decided to come here hoping for a definite answer. Now, even though it says my case can have 240mm radiators installed, I just want to be very sure it can fit the Cooler Master Nepton 240m. http://www.overclockers.com/enermax-ostrog-gt-giant-midtower-case-review/

PS: To let you know how much clearance from the CPU to the top of the case, I'm gonna install the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi,
I am thinking about getting the Cooler Master Nepton 240m. What I want to know is if it will fit my Enermax Ostrog GT mid tower case? No one on Tom's Hardware replied to my questions so I decided to come here hoping for a definite answer. Now, even though it says my case can have 240mm radiators installed, I just want to be very sure it can fit the Cooler Master Nepton 240m. http://www.overclockers.com/enermax-ostrog-gt-giant-midtower-case-review/

PS: To let you know how much clearance from the CPU to the top of the case, I'm gonna install the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard.

Thanks in advance!

Looking at the headroom I would say that yes it will fit the radiator. BUT I doubt that it will fit any fans on it unless there is a proper offset on the top mounting placement. It really comes down to the motherboard and the alignment of the mounting holes.
The best thing you could do is to stack two 120x25mm fans with 3mm of shim in between and see if if you can fit them on both of the mounting positions.

The motherboard I'll be purchasing soon will be the MSI Z97 Gaming 5. Do you think that'll be a problem? Also what do you mean by "The best thing you could do is to stack two 120x25mm fans with 3mm of shim in between and see if if you can fit them on both of the mounting positions."? Do you mean to take two fans by itself, stack them on top of each other, mount them to see what it'd be like if I was mounting the radiator plus the fans to make sure if I the Cooler Master Nepton 240m in my case? Now, if it cannot fit into my case, can you recommend either a liquid CPU cooler or a air cooler for overclocking? I heard the Noctua NH-14 was pretty good.

I ran that cooler in my full tower case (see sig) at one point in time. I found that the problem was clearance between the rear fan at the 8 pin 12+ power connector and/or the memory module keepers on the front fan, depending of how far forward or backward I positioned the radiator. You can also cut off a fan cornver hear and there to help with that which, of course, means using a different fan mount screw at those positions. I eventually resorted to cutting out the mesh in the top of the case (but leaving the part of the mesh on the sides that contain the fan mount slots) and the problem was solved more effectively - and I really like the look, too. Makes the case look like is has a tunnel ram intake manifold sitting on top. Of course, I now have a different water cooler but it would work with any of them.

Attachments

• Water4.JPG
    Water4.JPG
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 441
Last edited:
Back