• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will two 92mm radiators (36mm thickness) keep a 6700k stock under load cool?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeffsthename

I have a 120mm AIO that has a defective radiator and two 92mm radiators that are 36mm thick. What I want to do is connect the AIO pump to these radiators and then refill it. I know that two separate radiators will reduce flow, and I know that AIO pumps are not that great, and I know this is just not worth it. But suppose the pump can keep up, would this keep a 6700k under load cool in a push/pull? Keep in mind this would cost me nothing except time (which I have plenty of).

It should be fine, sure! Temps may not be optimal for water, but, it should easily handle it at stock and likely some overclock.

We'd be interested in seeing the work, as well as before and after results!

The way I see it this should work better than a 120mm AIO. Am I right in presuming that most AIO manufacturers use the same pump in their 120mm and 240mm or do they use a stronger pump?

Well it's an mITX core v1 that I managed to fit a 1080 inside but didn't consider air cooler restraints in this form factor. I have limited space for AIO radiators also, only 140mm at the front. Thought about hooking the AIO to a heat core from a car. There is an opening on the side of the case that's 200x125 but no radiators that size. Been thinking about this for 2 days. Can't find an optimal solution.

Ok its been a while but I went ahead and opened the AIO, long story short, it's done for:
YFVOEBp
. The AIO had developed a leak in the outer perimeter of the coil. I was gonna go for another AIO that had smaller radiators. Then out of sheer curiosity, I used an old True Spirite 120 from an older build I had lying around and reinstalled the front 200mm fan that came from Thermaltake. I had delided the 6700K before and had liquid metal left over too. But then I went even further and mounted the cooler right on the die. I had done this before btw: . Now I get 60C in prime 95 v28.4 at 24 ambient with almost no noise I can hear: .

Now I will probably relid this as it's not safe and people say it's like 1 or 2 degrees anyway. But I learned that opening AIO units is a no no and air coolers can definitely work.. This old cooler is so good for DIY direct die mounting: . Applying Grizzly: (notice I had to fill in the surrounding areas, there are commercial die guards for this but I lack that option due to availability. After installation:

If I have it's been a mistake. Probably messed about in the bios settings. Does this effect temps? I'm gonna check with core temps now.

I just checked, HT is on in the BIOS. I get about 47 ish degrees in Core Temp but it says 89 watts. This is with the front intake fan uncovered thus max air flow giving me a few degrees less as compared to previous run with Prime95 and Real Temps . But I need to do a longer run probably, also ambient temps are prob a few degrees lower.
u6r8fY3

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

u6r8fY3

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

This is what I'm getting:

Ok so setting prime 95 to do the max temp option I get 114w at 60C WITH the intake fan cover. Not bad to be honset. I'm happy with it. Now you think leaving it like this and not reliding is a bad Idea :D.

Back