• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 32 - updates keep on failing to configure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimbob1141

Registered
When i boot my PC it configures the updates to 98 or 100% cant even tell and then says failure configuring windows updates, Reverting changes. of course it stuck on this screen going nowhere unless it is just going to take ages (there was 128 updates) and its really making me mad, i cant even get on my machine because of it.

I'm going to try booting safe mode to see if it gets past it and see if i can install them manually, but if that doesnt work i am open to any suggestions you might have. thanks.

Just tried booting safe mode and the same thing happens, im going to leave it on reverting changes while i go to sleep and see if that works, if not then i may have to do a fresh install which will **** me off a lot xD Really limited in what i can try here considering i can't even get onto the computer even in safe mode.

I let it run for a while to revert the changes but then it just restarted and booted up and did the exact same thing again -_- looks like im definitely gonna need a fresh install damn it.

EDIT: it seems to have fixed itself for now, i darednt try to update again, i guess ill try a manual update tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Back