• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 64 reading CPU speed wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alaric

Since I increased my NB speed (12X=2651MHz) the Computer Properties tab reads 2.09 GHz. Increasing the NB multiplier was the only way I could bump the HTclock to 220 , which in turn has been the only way to get any kind of stable OC on my old chip. It's happy @ 2762.3 MHz with these settings. Does anybody have any ideas why Windows is showing a low speed? CPU-Z and AMD's OverDrive agree on the CPU speed. I was going to start bumping up the RAM next , but I'd like to figure this out first. :shrug:

That seems normal to me, I think it depends on what the CPU clock is when Windows is detecting during bootup. Several of my OC systems register funny with power saving enabled (C'n'Q, Speedstep, etc)

Both have been disabled since the build , and it boots to the stock 2511 MHz. I raised the NB multiplier to 11 and Windows now shows 2.27 GHz. HT is at 210=2625 MHz at the moment. It seems to be tied to the NB , and doesn't seem to be causing any quirks I can find. I just thought it was odd.

Last edited:
Back