• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 - Cannot reconnect to network drives - Click them and they are fine?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I assume you mean delaying the service for Network drives? If so, do you know what service I would delay?

EDIT: Is this what I'd do?

Does Media Browser run as a service? That was more along the lines of what I was thinking.

Well what i meant is to keep your connections to your self. In the case of a ping it doesnt matter really but when you start running more complex scripts that have keys or maybe passwords and your proprietary software you dont want others to see that stuff. Than again at that point you would just use a vb or PS script. So with that ill just stop blabbing as I think you get my basic point :blah:

I left the other stuff in there so someone that wanted to copy and paste and just change a few things for their own needs could. I wouldn't leave more sensitive information in there, that'd just be silly. :rofl:

I assume me meant, why send a ping to possibly some random person's computer.

So would it be best to use something generic? or possibly an IP for one of my ISP's servers or something like that?

OR, could it just work with an internal LAN IP? Like could I ping 192.168.1.103, the static address of my media server? Or does it have to be external?

No, you have to ping an IP that doesn't exsist.

Does Media Browser run as a service? That was more along the lines of what I was thinking.

Yes it does. But the thing is that those drives will never show as connected unless I physically open them. So even if I had the Media Browser service wait for a while it wouldn't matter until the drives are properly connected. I seriously wish I knew why my main PC is now doing it on it's own!!? :mad::shrug::comp::confused::rain::screwy::D

I left the other stuff in there so someone that wanted to copy and paste and just change a few things for their own needs could. I wouldn't leave more sensitive information in there, that'd just be silly. :rofl:

No, you have to ping an IP that doesn't exsist.

Could it then be an internal that doesn't exist? I have my DHCP server set to only assign .100 through .150 (I think?) Could I set it to do like .254 or something?

Could it then be an internal that doesn't exist? I have my DHCP server set to only assign .100 through .150 (I think?) Could I set it to do like .254 or something?

I would recommend it be a dead ip on your network, but it will work no matter what. Idk what the scale of this script will be but in my case if i had all 4000 computers ping my gateway.... Well you could see the issue there ;) if its a small scale dont worry

Back