• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 install freezing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Swimma

Registered
I have been having issues with my PC for awhile now. First my computer would turn on when it wanted to. I would push the power button and it would not turn on. If I waited a day it might turn on. Once it was on it would work perfectly. (I had it on for a month straight, and case was on its side) I had the computer off and decided its time to put it up right again. When I did that I turned on the computer then I got an error saying failed to load Operating system.

Went to my local computer shop(micro center) bought a new case(corsair 750D) and Power supply (corsair 750w CXMod). I also picked up a SSD(Samsung 120GB 840 evo).

I put all my stuff into new case. Just put my SSD in and try to install windows 7. It freezes at expanding windows files. It freezes at any % I once made it to 86% and then sometimes it only makes it to 6%.

Any thoughts?

Side info: when I moved my case upright and I got that error, I opened my case door and set it down to see if anything got unplugged. Then I put my case door back on and saw a decent spark from my case door to case. This cased the computer to restart.

Last edited:
I unplugged my new SSD and put my old HDD back in and did a fresh install of windows 7. So far so good doing updates now. Wonder what might be wrong with my SSD.

Back