• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 the and bad repair

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
My raid0 array died :mad: and I recovered it surprisingly easy using this method. However in order to get windows 7 to boot I need to repair the mbr and the overloaded.

I have the recovery disk running, I repaired the mbr fine. However when I do,
Code:
bigoted /fixboot
it tells me the partition doesn't contain a valid filesystem. I ran chkdsk it came back clean. I can browse the raid array fine, all my files are there.

When I try to rebuild the bcd it detects windows but when I try to write it, it tells me there is not a valid partition again.
Code:
bootrec /rebuildbcd

Anyone have any ideas on how to rebuild the bootloader?

A bad HDD can cause strange problems like that.

With the HDD being accessible and tests passing, can still get an error when trying to change anything. Including MHDD finding nothing wrong, but format still failing.

It may be caused by a bad cache on the HDD PCB. Or a bad SMD component on the HDD PCB.

A bad HDD can cause strange problems like that.

With the HDD being accessible and tests passing, can still get an error when trying to change anything. Including MHDD finding nothing wrong, but format still failing.

It may be caused by a bad cache on the HDD PCB. Or a bad SMD component on the HDD PCB.

Yeah I think the volume information wasn't correct. Linux is showing two raid arrays on the same drives now. Half my files disappeared too. I'm just going to wait till I get my 1tb drive from newegg and reinstall then.

Back