• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 will not sleep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boredstiff

Registered
Hi, My computer wont go to sleep. I can set it to sleep manually and all is fine but it never falls to sleep on its own. I checked the power settings. Everything looks right. Any ideas

PS the display shuts off at the right time always but the computer never sleeps at the specified time.

Thanks

Last edited:
check your driver settings for the USB and network devices, they sometimes prevent it from going/staying asleep.

check your driver settings for the USB and network devices, they sometimes prevent it from going/staying asleep.

I checked. I don't know what to look for but everything seems normal. I am thinking about reloading windows although this is a fresh install.

I would check the 'sharing media' section as well as the PCI Express (link state power management)

I think I found the problem. I got the rest of the optional windows updates except for the language pack and all is good.

EDIT : nope it stopped going to sleep again. WTF. I have never had this problem before. I googled it and tried the various different suggestions and fixes that resolved others sleeping issues but no go.

Last edited:
Back