• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 8 Pro ISO Download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Microsoft's ISO download can be found here.

Put in your product key, and continue. It'll ask "install now or save ISO".

There is only one ISO for Windows 8, your license key determines what actually gets installed. I ran through this the other day actually.

...and here's how to make a Windows 8.1 ISO:

http://www.neowin.net/news/here-is-how-to-get-the-windows-81-iso-and-create-a-usb-install-stick

Windows 8.1 cannot be initially installed using your official retail Windows 8 key.

Use the following Microsoft-provided key
GCRJD-8NW9H-F2CDX-CCM8D-9D6T9
to initially install Windows 8.1 Professional.

After completing Windows 8.1 installation, change the Microsoft-provided installation key to your own Windows 8 key.

Right click on This PC > Change Product Key
or
Windows 8.1 Control Panel > System and Security > System > Change Product Key

Do so from DOS Command Prompt using command:
slui 3

or

Method 1:
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
In the search box, type Slui.exe 0x3
Tap or click the Slui.exe 0x3 icon
Type your product key in the Windows Activation window, and then click on Activate.

Method 2:
Run the following command at an elevated command prompt:
Cscript.exe %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk 1-2-3

(where 1-2-3 is your product key)

http://www.neowin.net/news/here-is-how-to-get-the-windows-81-iso-and-create-a-usb-install-stick

Windows 8.1 cannot be initially installed using your official retail Windows 8 key.

Use the following Microsoft-provided key
GCRJD-8NW9H-F2CDX-CCM8D-9D6T9
to initially install Windows 8.1 Professional.

After completing Windows 8.1 installation, change the Microsoft-provided installation key to your own Windows 8 key.

Right click on This PC > Change Product Key
or
Windows 8.1 Control Panel > System and Security > System > Change Product Key

Do so from DOS Command Prompt using command:
slui 3

or

Method 1:
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
In the search box, type Slui.exe 0x3
Tap or click the Slui.exe 0x3 icon
Type your product key in the Windows Activation window, and then click on Activate.

Method 2:
Run the following command at an elevated command prompt:
Cscript.exe %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk 1-2-3

(where 1-2-3 is your product key)

Will this method work with OEM Windows 8, or only with retail versions? Or will it reject my OEM key when I go to change it after installing? I've been looking for a way to do a clean install of OEM Windows 8 on my laptop without having to pay $60 to get the installation discs from Lenovo.

Will this method work with OEM Windows 8... I've been looking for a way to do a clean install of OEM Windows 8 on my laptop without having to pay $60 to get the installation discs from Lenovo.

It should work, if it does not please post.
Why pay $60 for recovery discs?
1. Factory reset
2. Set everything up just like you want it to be.
3. Image to an external hard drive or discs.

Thanks, c627! ("Bookmark post")

Bookmarking anything on the internet is OK but no guarantee it will be there when you need it, perhaps far in the future. Establish a personal folder, organize it with meaningful folder names. Copy-paste or save things you think you may need in the future, along with an internet shortcut to those pages. That's the only way to guarantee you'll have what you need in the future.

Can't tell you how many times in the past I've bookmarked pages which regularly disappear after some kind of a re-organization of the host web site. ;)

Apparently the key provided doesn't work to download the .iso. There are plenty of fixes to get passed inputting a key during installation so that the OEM key can be used to activate later on. My problem is that I can't find a way to download a Windows 8 or 8.1 .iso file in order to perform a clean install.

I think my only option is to image my disc..

Back