• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win10 wakes itself up?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Start with everything disconnected and add things back one at a time (separately) and see if it does it again.

well it's not the lan, came home and it was booted, now to leave the wireless mouse out for a day or two.

now it's just getting down right stupid here.
I wanted to game a little so I plugged it all in and when I boot it up it goes to safe mode!!!!!
I checked msconfig, boot tab and safe boot is not selected.
do I need a large cross and a priest?

with win 7 update issues I'm not so sure win7 is the answer.

It's mainly an issue if you're doing a fresh install, with or without SP1.

Or if you just haven't updated for several hours (or several minutes).

fix that for you.

It's mainly an issue if you're doing a fresh install, with or without SP1.

Or if you just haven't updated for several hours (or several minutes).

fix that for you.

You guys are aware that there is a fix for the Win7 broken updater issue posted here in the M$OS section of OCF right? It takes an hour if you read and type slow. Long Live Windows 7! :)

ok someone pointed out this wake setting, after looking at the snip of my event viewer, it was enabled.
wake01.PNG
wake02.PNG

Found out what the problem was on my PC.

Turned out that the Wake Timer feature had re-enabled itself. I turned it off again a couple of weeks ago and my PC hasn't woken itself up in the middle of the night again since.

after disconnecting every device on the rig, all the way down to the drives I found that smart connect was always enabled, even through bios installs.
what gets me is that it says it wakes itself up from deep sleep, I use the windows button/power/shutdown not sleep.

161217055422.jpg

Wait, is it booting up on its own? That's a sign of a bad PSU I'd say, or faulty wiring on the case button/motherboard, or any combination of the three.

it was caused by smart connect in the bios, disabling it has fixed my issue.

Back