• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win7 x64 Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe RAID setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ulasamosa

Registered
When I go to do a clean install on my system, which I decided to go RAID 0, and I going to need a seperate RAID driver? I can't find any info on Win7 and this board setting up a RAID. I've never set one up but probably can no problem. Just need to know if I will need a seperate driver, and what driver that might be. Thanks very very much!

I found a small bit of info saying to just download the nforce drivers from Nvidia.coma nd just extract the files with WinRAR and use the sataraid folder's contents from a flash drive. Is this accurate or is there something more I need to do? If that is the only driver I need I guess im set, unless someone has more info for me? Thanks in advance.

Your motherboard drivers cd will have the required drivers ..... just insert the cd and cancel when the run window comes up. Then go to My Computer and right click on your optial drive and select explore. You should find your drivers in there keep and eye out for RAID and select the aproprite file ..... ie ... Windows 7 / 64BIT / .... etc, I am sure you can figure that out. Copy these onto a USB memory when you get to the point where you sellect the Hard Drive to install windows to load your drivers. Don't forget to set your hard drive options to RAID in your bios from ASCI. My memory is a little rusty right now ...... hope this helps.

Last edited:
Your motherboard drivers cd will have the required drivers ..... just insert the cd and cancel when the run window comes up. Then go to My Computer and right click on your optial drive and select explore. You should find your drivers in there keep and eye out for RAID and select the aproprite file ..... ie ... Windows 7 / 64BIT / .... etc, I am sure you can figure that out. Copy these onto a USB memory when you get to the point where you sellect the Hard Drive to install windows to load your drivers. Don't forget to set your hard drive options to RAID in your bios from ASCI. My memory is a little rusty right now ...... hope this helps.

yea I would go that method except this mobo is 4 years old now? So there is no Win7 drivers on the disc. Maybe Ill pop in the disc and look at the Vista ones and if they are the same file types as the ones I extracted from the download package from nvidia for my chipset, that will assure me the right info. Thanks for the idea!

Check your motherboard website for updated RAID drivers ...... who knows you may get lucky.

Back