• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 and IRQL not less or equal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShrimpBrime

~MadHatDeLidder~
I'm having an issue with my AMD set up as seen in sig..... Let me try and explain.

Traditional blue screens are gone. I mean the system still blue screens, but it looks different.

Finally getting time, I installed W10. right from the get go, W10 tries to get internet access for updating or w/e have you there.

My issue that occured was the system was restarting and I had no idea why. this was happening during the set up process after installation.

To the point.

The Formula-z board I'm using has an Intel NIC card built in. W10 actually had a or some driver for it, apparently the same driver that's on my asus disk.

Well it doesn't work. Or doesn't stay working and the Asus Intel driver application says there isn't an Intel NIC card.

OK fine then. Unplug the Ethernet cable and the system works great!! No hangs, no hiccups no blue screen restarts.

Have tried many drivers available for Intel 100 series NIC and nothing but blue screens.

Will try and get to the store today and find a PCI-E NIC card and see if I can have some internet un-interrupted.

Basically I'm not looking for a cure, as I already know what the issue is for me, but thought to share if others have the same issue during installation. Simply unplug your ethernet cable from the NIC card and all should be well..... Or at least this could be an issue for you as well if you have a similar system.

Other than that, W10 seems pretty snappy and quick. Most of all my programs work, overclocking, gaming, and benchmarks and more.

Certainly need some time to better critique W10 as I just installed it a few hours ago.

Hope this help someone along the way, try W10 and enjoy.

Shrimp.

Most for sureness! But really if the NIC card is my only issue, then Im happy.

Sitting at the car wash right now, then off to best buy for a NIC card. Hopefully I can find one thats W8 compatible. That might make installation easier.... I hope.

Also cant find in the bios where to turn off the onboard NIC. I can turn on and off some features, but not the onboard card itself..... Meh I gotta get the manual out and take a read.... When I get back...

BANG! got internet.

I've found some keys messed up on the keyboard. OS thinks @ is " and visa versa. lol. But other than that everything works ok.

Have run Asus AI suite II, works like a charm. Monitoring is fine. PRime95 works good, no issues.

So far, Pretty stable and reliable.

For the swapped keys issue go to control panel, find the keyboard options and change from US to UK or vice versa.

In playing with W10 on several motherboards I have found the NIC driver I need is usually lacking out of the box with this insider preview edition of the OS. Not a big surprise. I have also found that the ones that shipped with the motherboard driver disk will usually work if you tell the OS to load them during that step of the install process where you have the option to install additional drivers. It can take quite awhile for the installer to find the right one in the driver's folder but it eventually will and then display the compatible one for the install.

Back