• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 keeps wanting to update.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

So the last few days Windows 10 periodically tries to update, then restarts a few times, then says it has to roll back because it couldn't update. What should I do, please tell me I'm not going to have to wipe my hard drive.

Seems like one or more updates are failing to install ? Might be a good idea to clear temp files/installs.

You can check M$' website for release notes on whichever update it is, but of the times I've seen that issue posted, patience has been the key. So far they eventually get it sorted out and the update takes. Sometimes a day, sometimes a week, but the majority of posts I've seen resolve with "NVM, it suddenly worked".

Identical problem with the latest May 9, 2017 KB4019215 Monthly Rollup on my Windows 8.1 System.

Will not install and keeps showing up as available.

In Services settings yes it works for me with Spybot Anti Beacon well. If you are getting confused google it. Install MalwareBytes and you are alright.
Some versions of win 10 might not allow it but there is always workaround just google it.

Last edited:
One of the dependencies may not have installed correctly. I would roll it back to an earlier date and then attempt manual installs of the subsequent updates.

Back