• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 2K, ALL HDD diag tools cannot start

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exiler

Someone help me out here. I used to have a 120GB HDD, then later I got a 200GB HDD. I GHOSTED the HDD with Norton Ghost and it worked perfectly fine. I have had ZERO problems with my Win2K.

Now after a long time, I decided I just wanted to check my SMART status and all. So I tried loading up Datalife Guard from WD and it seems like it crashes everytime.

My old 120 HDD (Seagate) had zero problems, now the WD 200GB however causes the program to crash. I have tried MAxblast, DiscWizard, DataLifeGaurd and they all crashes. None of these ever crashed with the 120 GB.

I have also applied the 48bit Win2K patch from Seagate to allow the over 137GB barrior reading and it makes no difference.

Please note that I have my WD 200 under 5 partition, all under FAT32, under the 41.2GB, as any higher, I WILL need to convert to NTFS it seems.

Weird part is since I got Dual boot to Win98, all the programs work with zero crashes. Anyone know why Win2K does this? I have done a repair and it makes no difference.

Btw, I'm not gonna switch to NTFS as it seems for Norton Ghost to backup my entire HDD every month, it wants a destination to have the atleast the size HDD, unlike FAT32 where compression has no problems and no whinning.
Plus I don't need any better file management and defragmenting is not a problem for me.

http://img180.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img180&image=error0er.jpg

Back