• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 64 bits doesn't recognize Raid-0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nofare

Hello,

I have three drives set up in my computer: a system/application drive (Win7 64 bits), and a media/data Raid 0 drive.

A few days ago, my system drive failed. I've since reinstalled Windows on a new drive. So all's back to normal.

Well, not quite: the Raid 0 is not recognized by Win7. The two drives that make up the Raid 0 drive are recognized by my motherboard (the Raid 0 still has the name I originally gave it, and the two drives mount without a problem), but once in Windows, I only see the two individual drives: one them is "not allocated," and the other is active but inaccessible.

Of course, I have no interest in reformatting anything. I merely want to gain access to my Raid 0 and keep working.

Any suggestions as to what might be going on?

Thank you.

What model board do you have, and which controller(s) are the drives connected to? Also post a pic. of the Disk Management snap-in open.

Redduc,

Thanks for the quick reply.

- The board is an ASUS P6X58-E WS.
- Not sure what you mean by controllers, but all the drives are connected to the SATA connectors in grey in the following diagram.

- I've attached a screen-cap of the Disk Management tool (click to zoom in). It's all in French, but you should have not trouble understanding what's going on.

FYI: "Disque 0" and "Disque 1" are the two Raid 0 drives.

Thanks again.

Back