• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Windows 7 embedded image on HP Thin Clients problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feanor

Hello,

I know this is very specific but I really hope any of you can help me here. I have an HP thin client and I'm trying to install it's image with an automatic installer from a USB, it requires 900 mb and the HD is 3GB in size, but halfway through the installation I get the error that the HD is full.

Any Ideas what it might be?

thanks.

Are you using the HP tool/instructions as outlined here?

We have about 50 of these Thin Clients in our environment and a peer was able to get the imaging to work using the above link.

Thanks for you reply Aspect. I have done exactly what the instructions you provided describe, but that still gives me the error.

This client already had an older image installed and I did not format it first, I assumed the HP tool would do that. Should I have formatted it first? Would it hurt the client if I formatted it now with FDisk? This is the only option I can currently think of.

Thanks.

Is this a personal project or in a work environment?

The reason I ask is that there is a potential solution here, but it requires a Server in place that I'm not familiar with off the top of my head.

Another solution was found here, although there wasn't much discussion on the fix, only that the LinuxPE Automation Agent was used instead...

Sorry I can't be of more help on this one :(

Solved: An intern wrote a bunch of T5740's down as T5740E's when he installed them, Causing me to use the wrong image. All is good now, thanks!

Back