• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Freezing Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zelos

Hi Guys,

My colleague have a problem with Windows, the issue is that Windows Feeezes each time a USB device is connected to the USB, Especially iPad 2 and Blackberry 9870.

Those 2 device works for a certain amount of time when left connected, but will usually freeze windows within the hour, CTRL ALT DEL doesn't do anything nor open task manager.

Other USB device is fine, mouse printer, keyboard, flash drive ect.

I've checked the device manager and all USB drivers is installed correctly, ran full maintenance, defrag, spyware/adware scan, all clean and at this time i am lost to see what the problem is or how to resolve the issue

He's using Dell Latitude
Windows 7 64bit

Any ideas would really be appreciated.

Hi Guys,

My colleague have a problem with Windows, the issue is that Windows Feeezes each time a USB device is connected to the USB, Especially iPad 2 and Blackberry 9870.

Those 2 device works for a certain amount of time when left connected, but will usually freeze windows within the hour, CTRL ALT DEL doesn't do anything nor open task manager.

Other USB device is fine, mouse printer, keyboard, flash drive ect.

I've checked the device manager and all USB drivers is installed correctly, ran full maintenance, defrag, spyware/adware scan, all clean and at this time i am lost to see what the problem is or how to resolve the issue

He's using Dell Latitude
Windows 7 64bit

Any ideas would really be appreciated.

1) set the memory speed manually
2) make sure the usb connections are grounded. IF they are not ground yourself to the case and than plug in the device, does that work?
3) try a different usb bus connector on the mobo if your using the front usb

Thanks for the reply

And he's using a Lattitude Laptop

I've tried all USB hub, still freezes on every single one.

I will try setting the memory speed manually, any recommended speed?

Thanks for the reply

And he's using a Lattitude Laptop

I've tried all USB hub, still freezes on every single one.

I will try setting the memory speed manually, any recommended speed?

pop the back cover off and take the dimm out if needed, the speed will be on the stick. If you cannot set it manually run a memtest from a bootable CD image.

If that does not work I would go to dells site and download the latest chipset drivers and just install them.

Edit: you could also try running "sfc /scannow" in safe mode with networking

Also a sound card that's not seated properly. Often, causes Windows to log an error about the device disappearing.

HDD was always in the laptop

the laptop is also relatively new, less than a year old.

And i will try all your suggestions today.

will update you if the issue is resolve

Back