• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Windows 7 hdd kept

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

P4P45MURF87

Registered
So I kept the current hdd that had windows 7 ultimate 64 on it but I replaced all My other hardware I can use all of my bios but if I try windows it fails and goes into windows system recovery fails am I going to have to reinstall windows now for the new hardware

Might not be a bad idea to reinstall it anyway, all of the hardware changes might throw your current windows installation into a whirlpool of confusion! Do you have all your data backed up somewhere?

Welcome to the forums. With that many hardware changes, it's always a good idea to fresh install. In particular if different motherboard chipset is being used.

If you can, go that route.

I've had weird bizarro issues when trying to preserve an existing install on new hardware... Things seem to work OK, but something just isn't right sometimes. It's usually best to do a fresh install with the latest drivers just to be on the safe side and avoids some of the more irritating/time consuming software issues later on.

Back