• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Machine wont get out of S3 sleep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkade

Well, recently my primary rig stopped coming out of S3. To be honest I haven't used S3 in a long time so I have no idea when it broke, but my OS install is recent. When I put it into S3, it used to flash the power LED like all ASUS boards, but now it flashes for a moment until the PSU cuts out and goes to the 5VSB. Then if I try and start it, it remains entirely stuck coming out of sleep until I either force enough power cycles the bios clears, or just pull the cord and reboot. I thought my PSUs 5VSB rail might be bad but I can't find my tester. Any ideas?

ASUS P6T. That doesn't exactly apply. I can get it to startup from sleep, but its like the CPU freezes out of sleep. So the computer sits there running but unresponsive and the fans All at 100% instead of running on fan curves.

Back