• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Professional Full Version $30

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It say in the terms that if they ask for proof of your student-hood beyond your email address and you can't provide it, then you are liable for the full price of the product.

So I don't know if they're gonna be sending out emails or what... I don't know the history of Microsoft's student deal campaigns.

Another confirmation of this most excellent deal. $30 + tax will get you the full version (both x86 and x64) of Windows 7 Professional. You need a valid .edu email address but that's it. I didn't just ask if that was all you needed, I specifically asked if you have to be a currently enrolled student. I was placed on hold and then told that you do not need to be currently enrolled.

If you want it shipped, the options available are: 7-10 business days - $4.99, 2nd day - $9.99, next day - $16.99.

To anyone who does not have a .edu address and is a college graduate: If this deal is important to you, check with your alma mater. VT alumni get to keep their VT email addresses, they just have to sign up for it upon graduation (or after).

EDIT - Buffheman got in there before I hit submit. I had that same concern, which is why I asked directly. If it comes back to me, I have the name of the person that told me that to back me up. He didn't fire it off out of laziness either, he went and asked. I was on hold for a good bit while he did so.

Darnit...Newegg already charged for my HP pre-order. Oh well...still can't beat this deal.

Last edited:
People have even ordered multiple copies to the same addresses, if they had an undergrad email as well as a grad email with no problem. Once again people get conflicting reports on the necessary requirements needed for this program. When I called in all they wanted was a .edu email and nothing more.

People have even ordered multiple copies to the same addresses, if they had an undergrad email as well as a grad email with no problem. Once again people get conflicting reports on the necessary requirements needed for this program. When I called in all they wanted was a .edu email and nothing more.

Awesome, even better for me. I have 2 .edu e-mails and so does my bro :clap:

I ordered with my wife's .edu email since I have no clue off the top of my head what mine was, FYI.

Just so everyone knows, you don't have to phone Microsoft.
You can go to http://www.win741.com/ and they'll email you a link to buy from ;)
I'm in the process of doing this at the moment.
FYI, this site has the language that they may check on your student status that buffheman was speaking about. Calling and asking specifically keeps you from having to worry about that particular caveat. Having a name to reference with the order number proving they handled it will go a long way if MS tries to pull something.

The only yellow boxes are a "741" box which takes you to a movie, and a "Windows 7" box that's about downloading music.

I went to the "Buy" box and only Home Premium shows up.

I think I'll just call, it's no biggie.

The only yellow boxes are a "741" box which takes you to a movie, and a "Windows 7" box that's about downloading music.

I went to the "Buy" box and only Home Premium shows up.

I think I'll just call, it's no biggie.
Did you click the link in the e-mail they sent you?

It will take you to a page to pre-order Windows 7 Home Premium, but under that in a small yellow box it says:

"Need to join your school’s network domain? You can also get Windows 7 Professional for $29.99 Click here"

Click there and complete your order that way.

I'm probably just overlooking it, I'll check again.

BTW, MS won't accept debit cards over the phone, only credit cards...

I did the same thing, but after they ran it they said "Sorry, only credit cards accepted, no debit." Ill try again later, it might have just been the person I was connected to...

As for the website, I found the Pro x64 version. But, when it's added to the cart it says "Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Upgrade - 64bit" so this isn't the full version?

2hrlp3t.jpg

yea it looks like its the upgrade version to me....does anyone have a screen shot of there's saying any different?

I just noticed, the page the email links you to is the upgrade version to begin with, so it seems at least with the website it's upgrade version only...

BUT

When I talked to MS on the phone earlier, when they rejected my debit card, I asked multiple times if it was the full version, upgrade, or academic. They said it was full version.

yea it looks like its the upgrade version to me....does anyone have a screen shot of there's saying any different?
I think the web site is different. This is what I received from calling:

Attachments

• msorder.jpg
    msorder.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,254
Back