• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Windows 10 Activation not working after MB change

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But this key is a fully fresh and valid key? Not some gray market stuff? Whatever, i do believe you when it Comes to "MS accepting every bit of cash", you can really pay almost any number, as Long as you pay for it they accept any cash and Hand out almost any key... i dunno what to say, this is a shocking reality but totaly true. Not everyone is for some odd reason able or willing to pay 150 USD and MS still want the Money... so they make many Price categorys for the exactly same product, but simply shocking to realize what is Happening here. I wish i would know nothing about because it really makes me lose even more tears when i put my mind into todays world. Usually i prefer to live "in my own world"; a far better world... and it makes me smile everytime i put myself into this world.

Yeah i only Need the key... i got a OS copy on my CD.

To the best of my knowledge Kinguin sells legitimate OEM keys. As we've discussed, M$ wants cash, with little regard as to how they get it. That is actually in line with the business model that requires you to buy a new OS if your motherboard breaks. I've read that M$ is much stricter about that with Windows 10, especially in regard to OEM copies. If someone wants to sell a used motherboard, their copy of W10 will likely become a necessity to include with the sale. It's one of the reasons I haven't RMA'd my motherboard for an audio glitch, and why my primary OS is again Windows 7.

Hilarious, MB is a huge part but when i look at the cost and amount of parts, still a fraction of the entire PC. They could check out both processors in term there is 2 processors, the OS drive and even RAM. Heck they could even check out the Monitor specs, it´s visible to them. Especially when someone got a juicy Matrix 980 TI... tell me, how many users (whole world, OC users is different Story) in % percentage got this Card? Maybe 0,000000001% or so:D. The specs should be visible to the OS and the Card got a own BIOS, not only the MB... the Card got a own BIOS because such a Card is a critical and pricy part of a PC. Ist so easy Validation my pretty overpowered PC specs but impossible to them or not willing to.

Just as i told. Win 7 perfectly worked after switching out my MB, Win 10 is different.

OK, now tell me, how many users got a 950 PRO and a 980 Matrix TI (this can be tracked by a OS)? How many in percentage? Truth is... it is very easy to detect my PC this way, failure is Close to Zero, the specs is way to exotic.

Well one of my Win 7 PC got a 990X CPU... aswell extremely rare but this OS was not upset when changing MB.

But as far as i know, MS is way more stupid than ever expected. I believe they are putting a Registration key into the MB BIOS (but hard when BIOS is protected, i dunno) and they gonna read it out by OS and without finding it the OS simply will not activate. I think it works this simple and not sure they gonna track much more than this. I have to downsample my intellect in order to understand MS. :D In Win 7 they had some Rating for any parts exchanged and dependable on Rating value it may become a issue but the MB itself is not sufficient to break this Rating. Win 10 is more simple it seems, MB is tracked and thats it.

I´m not sure if a Retail is making a difference here, i´m afraid that even a Retail may break. Account binding may do the trick but even this one... is making me afraid, seeing how hostile the representatives are acting. Are they actually helping users or is it just a Show?!

Last edited:
Especially when someone got a juicy Matrix 980 TI... tell me, how many users in % percentage got this Card? Maybe 0,000000001% or so.

I have a Galax GTX 1070 Hall Of Fame, not a common card at all. And I would have the same problem with an RMA motherboard and Windows 10. It's crazy. I spent a fortune on my new build, and all the parts have a serial number, yet M$ would consider a RMA motherboard a "new computer".

I have to downsample my intellect in order to understand MS.

:rofl:

I just got the Feeling, a small bunch of MS is permannently lured into this Company by Money. Then they gonna work for MS a good while and this is actually "the head" of MS and those People was responsible for creating a good OS. At some Point they leave MS and are making something else because it is a hassle being involved into this paradigm for to Long but at least good payment. Reason a OS can go up and down in Quality a lot. Anyway, the whole Marketing stuff is not done by "the head" but rather some decayed Long time Office Sitter who basically got few clue regarding the OS itself but they are doing Marketing and other stuctural stuff. Then they gonna implement simply lot of self centered junk but in term a OS is in a good shape it´s hard to refuse by users because the OS is supported well by the gaming industry. The Chat and Support representatives are... here in order to represent a apparently righteous mentality telling every user how clean and proper MS is acting as a whole Company. Another word for this is called "virtual housecleaner" , but in this case mostly male and not female associated with because it´s Software and male may have 0,1% more Knowledge in average still because of increased interest in General.

So, you see i know how stuff works, hard to hide it from me.

No, i´m not interested into good mouthing it because now that i was trying to almost force a Kind smile with a harsh answer i was losing my honest smile. I´m always honest, this is very important to me and it wont work with dishonesty in my life, no matter the sacrifice.

Regarding my Actions i do... we will see... i have to think over it and may try out some more Chats first.

Something good at this Point because i think it´s important not to lose track for the good stuff: My fixed PC is now a true Performance Monster. I do not even OC the 6700 K CPU anymore because makes no sense, the CPU got almost no load in almost any game and any other application works blazingly fast. The tradeoff in heat for less than 10% Performance gain is simply to big because at 4/4,2 GHz the CPU stays almost 20 C cooler (basically stock 6600K temperatures but higher clocks and HT enabled) but with the exact same Performance (difference would only be synthetic). The GPU i leave at 1400/7502 (max clock is rarely used in reality, just a few games make use of it, Witcher 3 so far, so this is rather few Overall stress) for permannent use, works well this way and even max load usually is not exceeding 80 C (case fan at slow Speed). So, yeah... really a great System, ... i simply miss a working OS yet.

Last edited:
I just got the Feeling, a small bunch of MS is permannently lured into this Company by Money. Then they gonna work for MS a good while and this is actually "the head" of MS and those People was responsible for creating a good OS. At some Point they leave MS and are making something else because it is a hassle being involved into this paradigm for to Long but at least good payment. Reason a OS can go up and down in Quality a lot. Anyway, the whole Marketing stuff is not done by "the head" but rather some decayed Long time Office Sitter who basically got few clue regarding the OS itself but they are doing Marketing and other stuctural stuff. Then they gonna implement simply lot of self centered junk but in term a OS is in a good shape it´s hard to refuse by users because the OS is supported well by the gaming industry. The Chat and Support representatives are... here in order to represent a apparently righteous mentality telling every user how clean and proper MS is acting as a whole Company. Another word for this is called "virtual housecleaner" , but in this case mostly male and not female associated with because it´s Software and male may have 0,1% more Knowledge in average still because of increased interest in General.

So, you see i know how stuff works, hard to hide it from me.

No, i´m not interested into good mouthing it because now that i was trying to almost force a Kind smile with a harsh answer i was losing my honest smile. I´m always honest, this is very important to me and it wont work with dishonesty in my life, no matter the sacrifice.

Regarding my Actions i do... we will see... i have to think over it and may try out some more Chats first.

Something good at this Point because i think it´s important not to lose track for the good stuff: My fixed PC is now a true Performance Monster. I do not even OC the 6700 K CPU anymore because makes no sense, the CPU got almost no load in almost any game and any other application works blazingly fast. The tradeoff in heat for less than 10% Performance gain is simply to big because at 4/4,2 GHz the CPU stays almost 20 C cooler (basically stock 6600K temperatures but higher clocks and HT enabled) but with the exact same Performance (difference would only be synthetic). The GPU i leave at 1400/7502 (max clock is rarely used in reality, just a few games make use of it, Witcher 3 so far, so this is rather few Overall stress) for permannent use, works well this way and even max load usually is not exceeding 80 C (case fan at slow Speed). So, yeah... really a great System, ... i simply miss a working OS yet.

This is why some folks miss your presence here. Life isn't all 1s and 0s, there is a bigger picture, and I see your view of it as a big plus. :thup:

No matter how much of truth is involved, fact is and i have to state it another time and be very clear about.

Fact: Microsoft is selling those vendors https://www.toppreise.ch/prod_417735.html in their mind, illegal OEM copys of Windows 10 PRO on a DVD. And the Microsofty Server is activating all those apparently illegal OEM copys ONE SINGLE TIME. This is not working at all in term MS is not enabling them because one single MB Switch and all those copys would be busted. Read it precisely the stuff i said because it got a really heavy meaning.

Now, there are exactly 38 vendors (some may be online only and many of them got a local shop too) in Switzerland apparently selling illegal Windows 10 copys on a hard DVD handed over by a postman... read it precisely because this is a joke. Now, the spreading/sharing or any form of distribution of illegal Software in this Country is illegal. MS could tag all those vendors and wipe them out in a instant because the law would back them up properly. Yet MS is not doing it... well... why?

Clear... again, because MS is selling all those copys to those vendors, this is a fact.

Now the MS representative was telling me that i do own a illegal copy from one of those Shops and all those Shops are not authorized nor distributed by Microsoft. And this representative was telling me to Report all those Shops to MS for illegal activitys. Yet, firstly this is NOT my duty and i got no payment at all doing it, secondly MS could by all means doing it themself in term they are interested doing so. This is simply an attempt looking for a excuse in order to denounce my innocent condition and this is really making me extremely upset.

Now the Problem is, in the license Agreement term, part 8, i am forced to accept the lack of my OWN rights, so this means i can not put Microsoft to the court but i would be enjoying doing it because the stuff Happening here is utterly nonsense and in my mind not legitime anymore. Microsoft is accusing innocent People including 38 Shops in my Country of owning or distributing illegal Software. For this reason MS is apparently not handing out any Manual Support nor activations anymore.

I just state Facts... nothing else, i do not accuse MS of anything else other than the stuff a MS representative was telling me.

I will make some more chatting with MS representatives today as soon as i am able to force some time (i do not really have time but i have to force it). Lets see how it will turn out on some more trys.

Edit: No Chance anymore as for today, activation Servers and Support is totaly overloaded. However, i suspect they may barely be helpful at all and just Keep going in order to tell users regarding all the MS policys leading to the ultimate result that MS do not Need to move a single finger and customers got no rights.

Last edited:
Here's my experience in the last few days. Two experiences, actually.

1. Bought two sealed copies of Windows 10 Pro OEM off ebay this summer anticipating some of my customers would miss the July 29 upgrade rollup. Installed one of these in a new build this week and it did not automatically activate. The error message said something like, "The limit on this license has been exceeded." This product was still sealed, mind you. So I concluded that in some way the ebay seller had sold me a pirated copy or one with an expired license or whatever. In other words, an illegitimate sale of some kind. Well, I called the automated Microsoft activation line and eventually got shunted over to a live person who I could barley understand. I told her I had installed this sealed copy of Windows and I told her what the error message had said. She said, "No problem," and connected me back to the automated service where I was given a working activation code. Rebooted and the machine was activated.
2. Killed the motherboard on my main desktop. Bent socket pins that I could not get untangled. Replaced mobo and CPU but did not reinstall Windows. Same hard drive. Same installation of OS used. Booted up and Windows 10 pro installed the necessary drivers for the new motherboard. However, Windows 10 pro was now deactivated because of the motherboard change. Went to the activation tool in Windows settings and entered the activation code for the Windows 8 Pro that had been the foundation of the original Windows 10 upgrade. Bingo! Activated.

I live on the west coast so me and Microsoft are in the same time zone.

Maybe the representive on the phone may Switch me to the automated Service but the issue is that i can´t even reach this Person on the phone in my Country Region it seems. But i made a phone call to the US instead of my Country and in the US the phone was working, but i was hanging up the phone because i was not sure it is legitime and MS got a issue with anything not truly legitime (and they surely can detect that i am not from the US), this is clear. However, i could still try out this Option as a last Resort solution, simply making a phone call to the US.

Regarding your second build: But this activation method will vary from my method, you actually had a valid Win 8 license here and not a banned Windows 10 license, a truly different case. But indeed, in term someone got a old 7 or 8 license it may work using it.

Of Course, i have to ask why the Chat representatives (2 representatives in a row) are so huge jerks?! In term your phone-call-representatives was not a jerk why do i experience this sort of stuff with the other representatives? What is going on here?

Generally, i got the Impression that the representatives in the US may act more friendly compared to other countrys, most likely the US mentality vs. customers is raised a good bit. I just dont know how this could happen that MS is not able to educate all representatives worldwide properly with a proper customer-friendly mentality and that some of them may act very jerk-like and in the US market probably way lesser compared to other countrys. Confusing but this is the Impression i got. Unfortunately in Chat i can not Switch to US-Mode, i would enjoy doing it, maybe it would help my case....

I got the Feeling i may have to drag this case a bit "upward the ladder" because it truly seems to be that my market is having very stupid representatives while on the US market they truly got a increased intellect and even heart. Really a weird case but hard to be wrong on this, because so many examples of success in the US market but not a single one in my own market. I can brandmark those bad representatives to some "upper representatives" somewhere in the US... just not sure how to contact them properly (as i said, MS generally is enjoying it properly).

I truly wish i would be wrong with many of the stuff i said, all i Need is a good verification considering my issue i got. I was even telling those chat-representatives that it may hurt the MS Image telling me this sort of junk but they did not care at all... it was really shocking to me because almost any Company may think over it and instead of unnecessary badmouthing (along with a very upset customer not buying many products anymore) just move a small finger and simply activate a product (just so few Trouble for them and issue solved after). I just can´t understand what is going on here, really.

Considering the Chat-Survey, i made a Statement, i don´t think it will become noticed by some responsible People but at least i had fun getting ride of my Anger (this is the most important Thing, other intentions are secondary). Survey.png

Translation In short: Accusation of not owning a valid copy, i should not own a OEM at all, it has just been activated one single time. Instead of helping me i was just lectured most of the times, mainly by linking different Websites showing my lack of rights. He took a lot of time for answering me and the whole conversation was basically very one-sided and not taking my interests into account. I wish i could even put MS to the court for doing this Kind of accusations, i paid a good Price for my copy and any form of accusation is below the belt.

Regarding further Actions, i will surely not pay another 150 USD in order to get the risk of another accusation for not paying sufficient cash, this is hilarious. So i do mainly 2 Things:

1. Trying to get it fixed by MS using US-phone call or further Chats (i told already, the local phone call is NOT automated and Operator is almost always busy).

2. In term i fail first Option for around a whole week, i will buy some sort of dirty cheap volume-license which is way cheaper than the damn expensive OEM i got in the first tryout. Aswell, i will reduce buying any products from MS as much as possible, so i can ensure, the wealth will not raise by preventing my activation, i think it will even be lowered.

Ah yeah, great stuff, ED was testing the MSI Z170A MPower Gaming Titanium Personal Computer.:p http://www.overclockers.com/msi-z170a-mpower-gaming-titanium-motherboard-review/

Last edited:
I'm not at all sure the MS representative I talked to was based in the US. She sounded middle eastern. MS farms that stuff out all over the world. There are some economic reasons for that but it also circumvents problems with calling support from different time zones. You are in Switzerland?

Have you gone back to the seller of your copy of Windows? I haven't read every word of this thread but I did see "developer" along the way.

It sounds to me like the seller has an MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network) license. With that they get several copies every year of all MS products. (This could have changed to downloads. It has been decades since I had an MSDN license.) They are allowed to install any of the S/W on their PCs for development purposes. Since it is an annual subscription, the licenses probably expire at the end of the year.

From what i notice: MS is treating the customers very different, dependable on the customers possibility and interest they may get very different license-solutions. For this reasons the Price for each license can also vary a big deal. The most expensive license is the retail license it seems (up to 250 USD°, beefy Price) and the second highest on this list is my OEM license at around 150 USD (cheapest Price of Course). °On the MS shop online up to 290 USD even, this is made in order to give innocent customers who barely can afford it the Expression of becoming something "genuine" and that all other versions or offers are not genuine. This is... i dunno what to say... i have no clue how this hostile mentality was even able to achieve so much Support from the industry (maybe because most of them are somewhat hostile aswell, so it fits the mentality perfectly).

There is many more licenses, all of them are way cheaper than this but they are not officially offered at the MS shop but instead they are offered and handed out at the back of the innocent customers toward some "more mighty beings" or institutions. A School is able to get a volume license with greatly reduced cost. So, basically Microsoft is trying to leech as much as possible for every single customers, this is the secret for becoming dirty rich and why the whole economy is not only unstable but extremely uneven with the majority being very poor, no matter how much of work they do... they never will have proper wealth. It is lobbyism, with increased might someone is able to get "cheaper" offers for the exactly same product. In comparison, in term i am a worm-related-customer i will have to get the most expensive license and i still may have to worry about reactivation. In case i´m Mister Gates.... well yeah... i even get a free license and every single time i lack reactivation i only Need to snap with my smallest of all fingers and it will become reactivated.

So, i hope you notice what is going on here, it is a might based validity and Money System... this is the world we currently are living in, yet many People got in mind that i am a surreal being... ah nope... i am very realistic and this is exactly the reason why i want to leave this junk and finally able to live in my own world, because it simply makes me happy not to deal with the "real world" anymore, i really don´t Need this trash... i just don´t Need this... i am a sensitive and innocent Person and i just want to get a proper product for proper Money and finish Story... i do not want to deal with this lobbyism nor lack of rights of the less mighty beings. I hate this world and i am gonna tell it to everyone freely and open.

However, of Course there is always a light at the end of the black tunnel, and this light is actually done by a minority able to shine and i do adore them a lot. One of those minoritys was actually responsible for giving me a present... known as 980 TI Matrix, and it really is lot of joy using it, crazy Card (even today).:thup:

But in General... with the Exception of minoritys i do not enjoy it how the stuff is working in this world, and MS certainly being one of the worst of them. Unfortunately i will Need the OS for gaming, else i have lot of compatibility issues and my work will never stop and i already lack time. Indeed i would enjoy having all games ported over to Linux, but this is unfortunately not the case for my games and i hate Steam, another of the ugly companies (else Linux may work but then i have to deal with Steam... ). Maybe in future GOG and others may be able to port all the stuff over to Linux, but so far this is not done yet... so i simply can´t avoid Windows.

So, my Windows 10 PRO is a fully valid OEM license, not some sort of developer or whatelse... i am sure because there is the tag "OEM" written on my license key (at activation Screen), there is no doubt. That i even have to deal with this trash after paying 150 USD is the worst i ever experienced.

I'm not at all sure the MS representative I talked to was based in the US. She sounded middle eastern. MS farms that stuff out all over the world. There are some economic reasons for that but it also circumvents problems with calling support from different time zones. You are in Switzerland?
Yes... no more to say.

But in term i can´t get it to work i will know how to get the cheapest license possible. I care nothing from MS to be honest, the stuff i enjoy the most is in term MS will care... hahahaha... come to me and bring it on MS... i will spread so many tears... you may have to worry about avoiding all the attacks from the supporters.

Sure, i was thinking a lot about this matter and my result of my study is not very nice:
I dunno why i ever paid so much cash... i think it is good that this incident was Happening to me, so i finally realize how wrong i was all the time. In the past i even was buying several licenses for a total fee of Close to 500 USD every 5+ years or so. This will now stop, i simply was a stupid and innocent being, way to innocent... this is invalid for todays world. This will Count for me but to any other... simply do as you please... but if you think you will become more innocent with paying increased Money to a Company such as MS, then you really may have very few clue on how this entire matter truly is working, and i would suggest not to make much Research else your innocent Little cherry-berry-world full of flowers may be a Thing of the past. Actually, it is even reverse order, the more someone is paying the less innocent they get but i am not gonna explain why (everyone have to do own Research and study) because i am already at the very Limit on what i actually am able to spell out (including "freedom of speech"... but even this one is limited in many cases).

Last edited:
I have often thought it would be nice for Microsoft to sell only one version of it's OS to so as not to make these things so confusing for the customer base. Instead of having retail/OEM/Basic/Home Premium/Pro/Enterprise/full/upgrade/etc. just offer one product and one license type. But of course, they make more money doing it the way they have always been doing it and after all, they are in business to make money. That is, literally and figuratively, the bottom line. Bill Gates' genius was never as a programmer but as a marketer and that's why Microsoft dwarfed Apple in the marketplace.

Having said that Ivy, sounds like you are now crying in your beer.

You need to bet back on the phone and call the Microsoft update center again and get this thing activated. As I explained in post #29, I did it with an OEM product that technically was no longer valid but that did not seem to concern the rep. Earlier this summer I was able to activate two machines with Windows 10 upgrades (from Windows 7) even a week after the "official" July 29 deadline. My impression is that Microsoft is so determined to move everyone over to Windows 10 that they are not being very picky about how its done anymore.

You need to bet back on the phone and call the Microsoft update center again and get this thing activated.

A phone call most likely will only work in the US or to the US° (in my case) so as i said i will try it out soon but first i want to figure out some more Chat and as soon as done with i will perform one last tryout using a US phone call. Dunno if this is legitime but who cares... as Long as it may work. °I can´t be bothered always to make a local phone call to some "Operator not reachable" line, it would at some Point leech more of my time than posting all this stuff inside this post, so i really can´t be bothered doing so. Those jerks should enable the automated line right from the start in term they are unable to "become reachable"... seriously.

IAs I explained in post #29, I did it with an OEM product that technically was no longer valid but that did not seem to concern the rep. Earlier this summer I was able to activate two machines with Windows 10 upgrades (from Windows 7) even a week after the "official" July 29 deadline. My impression is that Microsoft is so determined to move everyone over to Windows 10 that they are not being very picky about how its done anymore.

You are now mixing up different Things. The stuff you did was an upgrade, the stuff i have to do is a unblock or unbann, this is a bit different.

Bill Gates' genius was never as a programmer but as a marketer and that's why Microsoft dwarfed Apple in the marketplace.
This is indeed correct, Mister Gates was just very skilled as a marketer and he knew how to set up some sort of working stucture in order to make it work as a company. His own words was something like this "we will never Need more than XYZ amount of RAM"... well he was terribly wrong, nowadays there is near endless RAM demand for certain programs. However, as a Money-donkey (cash cow) he truly is a Genius, i have to agree on this term. He will never ever become poor... he knows how to handle cash, so there is a valid reason why he still is the biggest shareholder of this Company. Having some sort of autistic personality was even a Advantage, as it will allow for some expanded view beyond the usual "social structures", which is unfortunately not always valid. In General stupidity knows almost no bounds and many of those so called social stuctures are actually stupid, but never underestimate the might of a huge amount of stupid beings, this is why the majority can cause a lot of critical issues.

Last edited:
I would try calling from your own region again first. You may get a different rep who will cooperate. If you use the activation tool in Windows 10 it will take you to a menu that allows you to pick your native language for the automated phone call.

I was already trying it out, it didn´t work so far, i was never able to reach the local operator and i was trying it out several times, not just a single time. There is NO automated phone, there will be some sort of Operator...

I made a call to the US already and it was working but i hung up because i did worry if this is a valid Action doing so... so i was a bit shy.

I know, you was not reading all the stuff i said but no biggie, i can renew my entrys... i guess the help by other users is less with actual Solutions but instead some sort of Motivation because the whole issue just hurts my Feeling and the stuff i truly Need is some empowerment and not actually Knowledge.

I have often thought it would be nice for Microsoft to sell only one version of it's OS to so as not to make these things so confusing for the customer base.
Well, nowadays a successful Company is not truly "a nice Thing" and i do understand this sad matter because it´s simply not how the current Profit oriented economy is working. There would be a huge System Change required in the way how Profit is actually earned, not a easy Task. Currently, the biggest Profit is done by leeching out the max possible on every single customer, the Basics are easy to understand, but the Details on how to execute this task with highest success is a advanced Thing.

But the Thing i do absolutly not Support in not any term is the accusation of innocent beings with guilty Actions such as "owning non valid stuff" or whatelse... this is a Thing that can even put someone to the court and this is not a valid Action, nobody should do this. No Company... and no customer, it Counts for everyone. This was the main Thing that really made me upset.

Last edited:
Yeah, I did read all your stuff. Some of it was a little hard to follow. I understand better now why you didn't go through with the US activation call. It was a conscience issue it sounds like. If you have a valid OEM copy I think you should not have any reservations about activating it however you can. It's really hard for me to understand why this would be different calling the US number v. one in another part of the world. You would think there would be some uniformity in this.

Sometimes I have to remind myself to look at the big picture when it comes to the behavior of large corporations that produce products we use everyday. Yes, we cringe at the greed and cut throat tactics they employ but it is also true that the overall process has given us tools that are very useful. Not perfect, but very useful. Big corporation decisions are made totally on the basis of what will make the most money and what is needed to get a competitive advantage. But that same competitive environment gives us better and better tools over time.

I still don´t get it why it could be easy to make a US call but not a local call and why the Chat-representatives could be so huge jerks... in term it truly works in the US there is simply stuff that Need to be fixed and some representatives either got no power or are working against the other representatives, which is truly a structural issue that Needs to get fixed because this is really no good Image for MS.

In term a Chat representative is unable to help, they should tell this issue at the very first entry of the Chat and be clear regarding their possibilitys from the very begining. But instead most representatives are doing accusations and disabuses, wasting precious time from customers and finally they seem to do everything with the exception of helping. How can this even happen that they are gonna flame innocent customers and more comparable junk and even becoming a payment doing so. MS really Need to fix out this matter rather quick... most of them do not seem to be worth a Cent, seriously.

Unfortunately, i don´t know their full Name, they are hidding themself behind some shortcuts. Else i would Report them and hopefully they are gonna use something better than this.

There is good reason why i never got something "better" than OEM, because i never was asking for Support... simply no use. Win 10 is the first time i ever Need Support, and just because my license is banned.

Fact is, in theory this should be working, but it didn´t work for me so far... as i told, it was really crazy how hard i failed trying it out. I enjoy using Chat if there is the possibility but it simply didn´t work. http://www.groovypost.com/howto/activate-windows-10-license-microsoft-support/

The Chat Support is simply not helping me, the only Thing they did was accusation and disabuse, i just can´t believe it, how is this even possible?

I was telling them my key, but then they was nagging me and i was unable to do a single Thing except trying to justify everything and they told me that the key is not a valid OEM (actually someone said it is a developer Edition and i never ever heard this Name at all) and where i got this key and that the key is not from a valid shop and endless stuff... how can this even happen? I just was asking for a reactivation, not for a kick in my butt... seriously.

Why should a phone representative act different? Or why is a Chat representative such a huge jerk compared to a phone representative? I try to find out the answer.

Last edited:
My issue is solved yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How i did it: I was changing the country setting to US mode, and connected to a apparently US Chat representative. He was using a open source VM (https://www.logmeinrescue.com/ not from MS:D ) (virtual session to take over control for a while, but no issue on my gamer PC, and i did trust him) and he asked about the shop i got my new MB from (proof of purchase), so i told him and logged into shop account but he didnt truly check the shop but was just taking a short peek at it using the task view. And then he fixed it...

German representatives was the worst ever meet and the US representative was .... hard to believe, almost 100% more competent.. crazy. He was not spelling out a single bad word about my OS or whatelse, no accusations or anything worse... he was simply helping.

Someone should fire those german representatives in a instant... they are damaging the MS image... they are really worth below zero cent... it need to be fixed, they lack any form of proper customer handling.

Last edited:
Back