• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 random freezes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rohitr

Registered
Hi I have windows 7 ultimate x64 sp1 installed. The problem is my system hangs at random. I'm not able to use the mouse or keyboard. Also there is no bluescreen error. For the same reason i have reinstalled the os nothing helped. I have run the memtest passed with flying colors. Also checked with psu everything is fine. What else can be the problem? I searched all over the internet but no solution has been found....

Could be a failing hard disk, or a bad driver. Did you update a driver recently? Did you have the problem before you installed all of your drivers?

If not, download crystal disk info from this web site:

http://crystalmark.info/download/index-e.html

Check for any errors...

It says health is good.... Also i didnt have any errors previously updating the drivers because whatever i download i download it either from intel(drivers for integrated graphics for intel i5 2500k) or Asus website(i have an asus mobo).

List your complete system spec's in detail, including the current DRAM frequency, timings, and DRAM voltage. Is the system is overclocked, and in checking the PSU what did you do to check it?

Last edited:
List your complete system spec's in detail, including the current DRAM frequency, timings, and DRAM voltage. Is the system is overclocked, and in checking the PSU what did you do to check it?

Intel i5 2500k
asus p8h67 m evo
corsair 4gb value ram@1333mhz
seasonic s2 620w
seagate 1tb 7200rpm

my ram timings are 9 9 9 24 factory default

and i dont overclock because i cant using a h67 mobo

I dont overclock because i cant using a h67 mobo
Sure you can. You have options to raise the BCLK, along w/ the ability to change a number of different voltages, including Vcore, VCCIO, PLL, PCH, and DRAM voltage. See if you can run Prime while monitoring the Vcore (Core Voltage) w/ CPU-Z, then post the results of the effective clock speed, Vcore, and whether the system locked up or not.

Hi I have windows 7 ultimate x64 sp1 installed. The problem is my system hangs at random. I'm not able to use the mouse or keyboard. Also there is no bluescreen error. For the same reason i have reinstalled the os nothing helped. I have run the memtest passed with flying colors. Also checked with psu everything is fine. What else can be the problem? I searched all over the internet but no solution has been found....

If it randomly hangs at "Please wait" or whatever when logging in, then that's a Windows 7 bug.

Windows 7 also has an annoying bug where it sometimes hangs when going to power options. (so I can disable the HDD shutdown timers)

Microsoft seems to deny a problem.....

i didnt try because right now having a problem with the stock cooler always running on high even on 10% load...

Back