• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Taskbar - Default to always show

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lyian

Greetings.

Quick question.

I usualy keep most of my taskbar icons hidden. A few, however Always show, even if its set to hide. Such as the volume, network and Action Center. This is fine, but i would like to Always show a few more icons (but not all of them) no matter what. Like Steam and my antivirus.

While i know i can set them to always show, the problem lies in that whenever the they get updated, they get reset back to "Only show notifications" and i have to keep changing them to always show.

Is there a way to set specific programs/icons to Always show, no matter what, without enabling that for every icon?

Thanks

In sharpeshell (sf is still hosting it) you could selectively hide tray icons. In explorer it's pretty much show all or let the os decide. So I just make sure there aren't many and show all.

Back