• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 will not boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mimesis2

Registered
Hi, today windows 7 decides not to work on my computer for some reason, I restarted it to install a program and now it will not boot. It BSODs on the windows icon, the farthest i got was to the login screen but still BSOD'd. No overclock on the chip at all, reset cmos settings, ran memtes86, and I also did a full virus scan before it stopped working. Safe mode does not work, I tried reinstalling windows 7 but that didn't work either. Specs below.

Try to clear CMOS, then reinstal windows. If that still fails then you have bad memory.

Try to clear CMOS, then reinstal windows. If that still fails then you have bad memory.

Cleared cmos, re seated heatsink, reinstalled windows already. None of these things work. It is not the ram, tested with different ram and still the same problem. :confused:

edit: works on slax booting from usb

Last edited:
You might have harddrive failure. Try using a different harddrive and see if you get the same problem.

I have two hard drives on my computer, I installed windows 7 onto the other one and have the same problem. I am currently running a system restore, I saved a backup file a while ago.

What was the EXACT error in the BSOD, and what do you mean "Safe mode does not work"? And are you installing Win7 from an official DVD, or from an ISO that you burned to disk?

What was the EXACT error in the BSOD, and what do you mean "Safe mode does not work"? And are you installing Win7 from an official DVD, or from an ISO that you burned to disk?

Everything is good guys, the backup worked, the program that i installed must have messed up everything somehow... :clap:

Back