• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Windows 8 Adobe Reader Printing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neo668

I had to install Windows 8 on my main computer as Windows 7 was suddenly giving me problems I could not solve. And Windows 8 was cheap. Oh well. On with the future.

One of the first things I did after installing Windows 8 was to visit the Store. There I downloaded and installed Adobe Reader. Last night I got an email with a pdf attachment. Opening and reading it was great, especially with the Metro interface. But I couldn't find a way to get the pdf document to print. I spent over an hour looking inside Windows 8 to find out how to print the document. Finally, I had to install another (Win 7) program on the desktop to bring up the document and print it.

Can anyone tell me how to print within Adobe Reader/Windows 8? Thank you. :confused:

PS After some digging on the internet I found that the Metro Adobe Reader had no printing function. :confused:
I uninstalled it and then installed Adobe Reader XI from Adobe's website. Now all pdf documents are opened in AR XI on the desktop from where I can print. That's 1 down for the Metro interface.

Last edited:
It is still there, you just SHIFT+Start Menu.

What's is the advantage of having it default on an non-Touch Screen Desktop? It was never meant for standard Desktops. But on the other hand, if it looks cool, then that is a valid reason to keep it default. I guess I was too concentrated on functionality.

I just ran into this today, had Win8 for about a week now. Win8 comes with a pdf reader built in, but I had to google how to print from it. Had to open the charms bar, click devices, and then select my printer. Seems like it would be much simpler if Print was found in the pop up menu bar with open, save, save-as, etc.

Back