• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 8 safe mode continuous restart!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

So I have a new laptop and I decided to do a few scans in safe mode, had to Google how to put Windows 8 into safe mode but I got it done by msconfig and selecting safe mode networking. After I rebooted as the pc asked me to it showed me the pc logo and then said updates are at 100%, screen goes black, screen goes purple and it says it's rebooting.... Over and over and over!

I f8 and shift f8 are not getting me anywhere, I can get into the bios and I did a hardware check (alienware thing) but now I'm waiting on a usb drive from alienware with windows 8 on it to reinstall windows... Not really what I want to do because I read somewhere you can kick it out of this pproblem by using a sub stick that has a registry editor or something on it I just can't seem to find that page again.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Looks like it's time to take a loss, wipe the partitions and reinstall Windows 8. Sorry.

I would try to backup some things to a USB pen drive.

Looks like it's time to take a loss, wipe the partitions and reinstall Windows 8. Sorry.

I would try to backup some things to a USB pen drive.

Well as said in the post I have no other options really unless someone with some knowledge on the subject can enlighten the majority of us.
I can't really back anything up if I can't get into windows....

Anyway looking for someone who knows more than the average person on this subject (as that's why I posted it after searching....

I know it's possible I can't can't figure out or find where I read about it before for step by step instructions

In the mean time waiting for my windows usb stick...

It looks like once I get the windows usb stick I can try to repair windows first and then resort to a reinstall unless I feel like tearing my hard drive out and hooking it up to another computer

Last edited:
It looks like once I get the windows usb stick I might be able to boot from it and then go into my hard drive and adjust the msconfig to boot normaly, therfore eliminating the need to actually reinstall and loose all my data

Don't get your hopes up, because I suspect it's a problem with the Windows servicing stack, which is bad. (Vista and later)

The servicing stack is the Windows updating routines part of Vista and later.
If it fails to correctly do a Windows update, it can brick Windows!

Last edited:
Oh my hopes are I get the busy stick before I get sent to work just so I can reinstall, I think we all know that the chance of not having to reinstall and lose my 3 season of "suits" that took me 5 days to download are very slim haha

Back