• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows can not start with DDR3 1600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tealor

Hi,

I have an old system, It runs well when I use the 1333 memories...

CPU Intel Core i5 650 3.2 Ghz
MB Asus P7P55 LX
RAM 2x 4GB/1333 Kingston
VGA ATI 5770 HD

When I tried Replace the memories by 4x4GB Kingston Hyper-X 1600,
the OS (Windows) could not start however I tried. but when I use the 1333 memories, it still work good.

I need some guides to solve this problem
Thank you very much

Try bumping the IMC voltage to approx. 1.25-1.30V, and manually adjust the DRAM timings and voltage to what the modules are rated at. Then instead of trying to boot into the GUI, first boot to Memtest86+ installed to a thumb drive to check the RAM for stability.

I assume that 4x4GB is working but not @1600. If it's not even booting then you may have problem with board or memory support. Not all boards based on Intel 5 series chipsets ( read H55/P55 ) are working with new memory chips or sometimes won't work if you use XMP settings.

If bumping IMC ( QPI/VTT ) voltage won't help then check if there is any newer BIOS for your board. Usually latest BIOS versions had improved memory support.

Thank you for your comments friends,

I tried bumping IMC and I installed lastest version Bios (v1202) for the Mother Board, It's still same problem

I tried 1x4GB, 2x4GB and 4x4GB....it runs ok on Bios, I tried Ghost a disk and other tools...it was no problem, but It can not start Windows and I can not re-install windows

I really confuse about it... :(

Last edited:
Back