• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Gaming and Application Development Hackintosh Build Research

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agent Z

I am starting up my research for a build that i plan to execute in 2-3 months.

My budget is 3.5k USD, i need that to include at least 1 nice monitor.

I am wanting to game and play Star Citzen fully maxed out at 1440p, was looking at ASUS PB Series PB278Q monitor. I was going to try for 4k gaming because i really would like the extra space for developing...but i don't think my budget would allow it. But i have just started looking into it, so i could be wrong.

For me the important things are:

* silent system - My last build noctua fans where it.
* smaller chassi - mid size being the absolute largest, easy to take to lan parties, put in the back of the car etc.
* be able to play star citizen fully maxed out, at whatever max resolution/refresh rate my monitor supports. If 4k isn't possible at my budget price 1440p will be enough.
* want to use an intel processor and Nvidia gpu. I prefer intel, and I have the nvidia shield tablet i stream my games on.

- EDIT -
Reading some other threads it looks like June there are suppose to be new gpu cards and processors coming out, and the tech level in 3 months is probably going to be changed significantly. so this probably isn't a very helpful thread...

Last edited:
Back