• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows iso to usb utility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sporktar

at my work i am installing operating systems, and software packages daily for client servers. To save dvd drives, i try to mount software on usb drives whenever possible, but the windows usb/dvd download tool only works with operating systems, and seldom works for software. I've tried a few other applications, but none of them have worked very well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on generally reliable easy to use software that writes .iso files to make bootable usb sticks?

as in like a software install cd? like photoshop, or adobe? just copy the contents into a folder on the disk, navigate to the folder run the setup.exe or autorun.exe. get a big 64gb cd and you can fit lots of cd's / dvd's on there.

as for bootable utilities like memtest and the likes, i usually use unetbootin. some other good ones are yumi, rufus, universal usb installer.

as in like a software install cd? like photoshop, or adobe? just copy the contents into a folder on the disk, navigate to the folder run the setup.exe or autorun.exe. get a big 64gb cd and you can fit lots of cd's / dvd's on there.

as for bootable utilities like memtest and the likes, i usually use unetbootin. some other good ones are yumi, rufus, universal usb installer.
I was referring more to bootable stuff. For non-bootable applications i usually just extract the .iso with 7zip onto the client server to install. I'll try some of the applications you suggested tomorrow, thanks!

This is the tool i was referring to in my original post. It works great for a lot of stuff, but i've run into several .iso's that the tool didn't seem to like, it wouldn't even attempt to write it. For example, I had to make a bootable VMware install dvd because the win usb/dvd download didn't like the .iso.

Rufus is a all-in-one, it will format + make bootable + copy/install the ISO files in one click, cant speak for the other one sadly, never used it. Although its designed for operating systems i would assume it will do the same for everything bootable ?

Back