• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows keeps crashing, new video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brentonius

Registered
So i recently switched from 2 6870's in Xfire to a single GTX 670 4GB. There's been a pretty good increase in performance. when i get home from work most days my computer says its recovered from an error. I'm assuming this is from the change in video cards but im not sure how to go about fixing it. I forgot to write down what the error was.
I wasn't able to uninstall the drivers for the radeon cards before i installed the nvidia card. I had to sell the 6870's to pay for the 670 and my motherboard doesnt have a dvi/vga port on it so i had to put the 670 in before i could uninstall the radeon drivers.

I'd uninstall the nvidia drivers too at this point. Then run that driver sweeper mentioned above. Then download Auslogic Registry cleaner and run that too. Reboot and then install the nvidia drivers.

It's hard to offer suggestions without knowing what the irrecoverable error was. Assuming you're running Win7 or Vista, open Event Viewer and expand Critical, Application, or System logs - under "Windows Logs" (or look under "Summary of Administrative Events--> Event Type--> Critical) double click the specific error so it opens in the Summary Page Events window. Next click on Copy--> Copy Details as Text in the RH pane, and paste the contents of the ClipBoard in this thread.

Back