• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Vista/7 200MB partition fiasco

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Have to bring this one back to mention some W10 partition issues I experienced.

These procedures (beginning of thread) continue to work well for unusual/repair/unknown/power outage partition issues. More importantly (important to me), I always want a single partition with everything not 3 different partitions!!

These steps all worked properly AGAIN, EXCEPT! The /FORCE NT6 command _refused_ to place a bootmgr file at the root of the drive. I was met with, "Press CTL+ALT+DEL...no operating system found.." error, even though I followed these steps. (which have saved me on so many occassions)

So the key difference? Be sure to have a backup of the BOOTMGR file. :thup: Once I copied the BOOTMGR file from a working W10 workstation everything came back as normal again. yay!

I have not done any reading, but it could certainly be the case of a new cmd OPTION I am not aware.

Either way, these procs still work! :D

These procedures have saved me so many times, I hope they have been as helpful as they have been for me. :thup:

*crickets*

Back