• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Vista

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mr.Guvernment said:
i maybe able to find out, my friend was loaned a copy of Vista 5270 today (his friend at work received through his works subsciption), he told him i have an intel DUO laptop so he said for me to try it out on here.

Does anyone know any way i could test the DRM features?
Try burning copies of DVD video or CD music files. If it's got an RIAA/MPAA approved DRM, you shouldn't be able to it without specific licences for those files. Also try downloading online music/video content and see if it balks.

Audioaficionado said:
Future?

The future is already here. All dual core Intel chips have it now and who knows what unpublished DRM is already in the latest batches of AMD64. All they are waiting for is an OS that will enable the hardware DRM.

I guess what I was asking if both need to be present for DRM to work and if not, then what the point of DRM being in hardware has versus just an operating system. I would assume the ability to crack software while a hardware solution would be much more difficult

So riddle me this... if one were to avoid the processors that have this embedded DRM, does it mean that DRM won't be a huge hassle in this person's life or will the software try to impose the same limitations?

MightyJoe said:
So riddle me this... if one were to avoid the processors that have this embedded DRM, does it mean that DRM won't be a huge hassle in this person's life or will the software try to impose the same limitations?

From what I understand all the new processors have DRM in them. I was poking around somewhere in the hidden files on my PC and found a folder called DRM. :eek:

Back