• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Windows Won't Boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goose90proof

During POST, screen reads "Verifying DMI pool data... Err2Err3".

I was playing a game and it was between a cutscene and gameplay when it froze on a black loading screen. I hard reset the computer and when it went to POST it gave me the above error message.

I first reset CMOS, but no luck. I then checked to make sure hard drive detection was configured properly, it was, but still no luck. I then researched the error and concluded I should try to repair the MBR.

I first followed these instructions HERE, but afterwards I received a different error message: "Verifying DMI pool data... Missing operating system".

I then tried to run a couple more commands from the command prompt. I tried...

Code:
bootrec /fixmbr

...which did not change anything, and then I ran...

Code:
bootrec /rebuildbcd

...and this command changed my error code to "Verifying DMI pool data... No operating system installed".

Please advise. :(

I can't get that far. Advanced Windows Boot Options is after POST. I have a Windows 7 installation disc that I've used to run the command line, but startup repair is impossible because it cannot even see the installation of Windows.

If anyone has any advice they can share with me I would greatly appreciate it. I really, really, really, really don't want to install Windows all over again.

Can you run diskmgmt.msc from the command prompt you're getting with the install disk? Or maybe run diskpart and try reactivating the partition?

I really don't know. I had a similar problem with a WD drive that turned out to be dead. Same thing: Repair install didn't work because it couldn't find an OS.

I doubt it, too. If you can't even get into the OS, you have limited options though.

By some strange magic my Windows installation is suddenly being detected by startup repair. This may have something to do with my unplugging of two external hard drives. Whatever the reason, I am happy that I was able to use a restore point and boot into Windows. OH HAPPY DAY!!! I am so stoked that I don't have to re-install winders. Big thanks to everyone who read this post and especially to those who responded. Cheers. :)

Back