• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wire management tips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lazysmartperson said:
the six wire cable is only for pentium mobos...have atx?...snip snip away...there's a square 4 wire cable that you can snip too...also for pentiums

unless of couse you want an alernate source of 3.3v, 5v, or 12v

or you plan on sellitng hte PSU or buy8ing a P4 in the future

The easiest way i do this is to start off with at least 24in cables if you can get longer, get longer. I then attach them to the Mobo and run the along the bottm of the case towards the front panel. I then run the behind the drives and the over the top of the drive and connect it. This method works best when using RAID cause one cable per drive looks better in the long run. I use two sided tape or velcro to keep the cables against the front panel metal. NOTE this does not work in large cases as you would need 48in cables to reach drive bay one and two. This is a nice easy way to completely hide the cables. Also, try not to run any cables under any other drive *IE running duals hard drives in bays 3 and 4 with a cable in between them which will cause a lot of extra heat. instead run both cables over the top and connect from there. The left over heads can be roled underneath and fitted with pressure to hide underneath the bottom drive. OK, if you are not confused by now then you haven't been paying attention! I will try to get a pic or two up of what I am talking about as soon as I may. It is to confusing to try to explain it.

with microsoft's new bluetooth chips, wires are a thing of the past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 years in developement, it's amazing....

roflmao.... the only good thing microsoft ever did right was the intellimouse.... lol

Yeah you might want to post a picture. It would really clarify the space you have to hide the wiring. You know... get the creative juices flowing.
For the sleeving of the PSU cables, a pin extractor availible at rat shack for 7 bucks saves the hassle of having to push each of the pin pegs in.
I hide the usually extra cable from the PSU usually in the PSU. kind of sounds weird but it works and I havent had much trouble from the PSU.

Back