• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wire mod not working on mobile 2600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeemerBiker

There appears to be a conflict between the mobile barton 2500+ sticky and the pin mod at http://tinyurl.com/f504 There at ocinside, selecting "socket view", and "Unlock via bios up to 12,5x" show a very similar, but not exact match for that single jumper to boost the multiplier. Neither worked on my A7M266-D rev 1.04 asus. With no jumper I am booting into 800 mhz per cpu and use crystalcpuid to set the speed to 2000mhz (15x) as that is the maximum. I assumed (google shows) that 2000mhz is the actual speed rating for a 2600+ mobile but I cant find a reference at AMD site to verify.

I attempted the wire trick listed at the sticky here under CPU-AMD and discovered that my A7M266-D boots into 14x multiplier = 1866 mhz. At least it did something. It is still limited to 15x multiplier (2000mhz) by CrystalCPUIDF. It would appear the multipliers above 12.5 cannot be enabled using that wire mod on the mobiles I just bought. I also tried the wire trick as listed at ocinside but could not boot with two cpu's. One cpu booted, but came up at 800mhz and was still limited to 15x multiplier.

This motherboard, or at least the version I have, cannot set the FSB above 133 so I can only play with the multipliers. Do I have one of those locked cpu's even though mine is mobile?

If you want higher multipliers that are selectable by software, you'll need to connect the 2nd L5 bridge (its the only L5 that is cut). This will allow upto x24 multiplier.
The only other thing you can do is either wire tricking for a certain multiplier.

The Coolest said:
If you want higher multipliers that are selectable by software, you'll need to connect the 2nd L5 bridge (its the only L5 that is cut). This will allow upto x24 multiplier.
QUOTE]

Thanks coolest, I went to fab51 and spotted this
http://fab51.com/cpu/barton/athlon-e24.html#L5

...They state that closeing L5-1 ...

"At last!! ..... We discovered that L5 [1] had an important function.
When L5 [1] bridge is closed, L6 bridge becomes invalid and the maximum multiplier is set to 24X. "

I must paint the bridge closed as I assume there is no wire pin trick for L5[1]. Do you know if my AMD based A7M266-D will continue to boot 6x=800mhz? If it attempted to boot at 24x that would cause problems.

..thanks..

If by default it booted at x6, that means it reads the default multiplier off the L3 bridges and you have nothing to worry about painting that bridge. It will continue to boot at x6, and you will be able to change multiplier on fly as you used to, but this time upto x24. Even if it does not boot you could just simply clean off the paint and it'll work again.
just make sure you don't short the other bridges and you'll be fine.

Back