• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless adapter not properly communicating with router?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not sure that 3rd party firmware is something I wanna mess with. I have a bad habit of screwing things up.

It looks like we're going to be changing ISPs relatively soon, so I think I'm going to put this issue in the technician's hands. I think I can survive two more weeks on my laptop.

Thanks to everyone for your input (and by 'everyone' I mean Kyij) and trying to help me with this issue. If I get this issue sorted out, I'll be sure to post on here and let everyone know.

I'm not sure that 3rd party firmware is something I wanna mess with. I have a bad habit of screwing things up.

It looks like we're going to be changing ISPs relatively soon, so I think I'm going to put this issue in the technician's hands. I think I can survive two more weeks on my laptop.

Thanks to everyone for your input (and by 'everyone' I mean Kyij) and trying to help me with this issue. If I get this issue sorted out, I'll be sure to post on here and let everyone know.

I do not blame you. But if this did not happen til after an update, then it is probably the router. All else I could say is to try a temp spare wireless adapter if you got one. Or there are ways to port out your laptops connection to your desktop (like how people port there internet to their xbox).

And I doubt your isp's technician will be willing to do much for you. If it is not the computer that is directly hooked up (the one within 10-15ft like the prompt for).

I would say just to keep updated check asus for new updates on the firmware.

Back