• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless Antenna Off- Can't turn it on- Yet no conflicts in Device Manager??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I'm stumped on this one.

It's a Win7 laptop, Dell Lat E7240. I was literally using the internet, surfing CNN. I stopped for a moment, and looked down and noticed a red X over the Wireless icon. I've never had a problem with this computer.

The Device Manager shows no yellow hazard signs, all network adapters are functioning properly according to their respective dialog boxes.

I opened the Windows Mobility Center, as that's the only way to turn on/off the Wireless, there's no keyboard feature. And the box to turn it on is greyed out, can't even select it. All I see is an X over the icon for Wireless Off.

Any ideas on this one, I'm stumped.

I can connect wirelessly with my phones and my other computers.

Thanks in advance.

Is there a switch on the left side of the notebook?

csm_41_ce1c2ae06a.jpg

I had a Dell notebook with the Wifi/Bluetooth switch & used to turn it off by accident all the time.

If you hard wire does Internet work ?
Run Malwarebytes +av

Maybe the wifi card died . Maybe a cheep 20$ usb one might "fix" the problem

Try safe mode

Is there a switch on the left side of the notebook?

View attachment 195101

I had a Dell notebook with the Wifi/Bluetooth switch & used to turn it off by accident all the time.

WOW, I didn't know this. And for months I've been wondering why the laptop didn't have a keyboard switch to turn off the wireless, so embarrassed on this one! Thanks, that made my day!

Back