• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless network at home help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kiriller

Registered
Hey guys, i pretty much understand how to set it up and stuff but i have some questions, im going to buy a wireless router, i have a wireless lap top and 2 computers, how can i connect the 2 computers, what do i need to connect them wirelessly (im guessing pci wireless card) but what are other ports on the router for, connecting useing lan cable? help me out lol and explain all way to connect plz thanks all!

If the router has a built in switch (alot of them do) then you can save yourself a good bit of money and just connect the PCs with Cat5 to the router. (all of the computers will be able to connect to each other without them all being on wireless ;) ) However, if the PCs are in a diffrent room then the wireless PC cards sound good. The router also has a WAN port to connect to your broadband modem. Which router do you have in mind?

im thinking of linksys, im thinking of connecting one with wireless card and other cable, and laptop its wireless, do i need anything for it? like to connect it to the router? ty for help!

Looks like you'll be set. Just get a wireless PCI card for the computer you want to be wireless, and an ethernet cable that you want to hook directly up to the router for a wired connection. I have the WRT54G so if you need any help feel free to ask.

Back