• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wondering if this is a good deal or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stevensonjustin

Registered
Hello all, I've been reading your forums for a little while but only now have registered and this is my first post here. I'm looking to get a new system built together but I stumbled by this item on ebay. I have talked to the seller and he is asking ~$2200 for it. I know its a Mach 1 cooling system and I am just asking for input regarding whether this is a good buy or could I buy a comparable vapochill system for cheaper? Thanks for your guy's help.

mach 1 system

stevensonjustin said:
Hello all, I've been reading your forums for a little while but only now have registered and this is my first post here. I'm looking to get a new system built together but I stumbled by this item on ebay. I have talked to the seller and he is asking ~$2200 for it. I know its a Mach 1 cooling system and I am just asking for input regarding whether this is a good buy or could I buy a comparable vapochill system for cheaper? Thanks for your guy's help.

mach 1 system

looks nice, but you must decide a few things,

1. Are you willing to build up?
2. Does it comes with warranty?, are you satisfied with this warranty?

If the answer is no to the first question, then it is a good deal because you will not find many system hook up like that and are satisfied with #2

well good luck, but in my opinion build up is the best way, but that me:D

I guess it depends on what the final bid is. Noone has bidded yet and there is a reserve SO it just depends. Of course I would buy it for 1000.00 BUT that wont be the final price and I am sure the reserve is set for atleast 1800.00

SpeedFreak75 said:
I guess it depends on what the final bid is. Noone has bidded yet and there is a reserve SO it just depends. Of course I would buy it for 1000.00 BUT that wont be the final price and I am sure the reserve is set for atleast 1800.00

The price is fixed, no bidding is been done, thats what I understood;)

Thanks for the input so far guys. Nunez, I am pretty happy with the configuration as it is right now, though after my latest problems with my last GeForce 4 card I think I might upgrade the vid card to a 9800pro. Other than that the only other thing(s) I might replace are the mobo, mem(to corsair XMS), and I'll be looking for little bit more HDD space later on down the road. I have a friend that buys spare comp parts off of me so the price offset won't be to bad.

As for the warranty, the seller has indicated to me that most of the parts (to include the prometeia) all still have atleast a 6 month warranty left on them (all at the same online retailer). This for me is satisfactory as I really don't have worries for anything but the prometeia system.

As for the price, the seller has indicated to me that the price is negotiable(sp?) to an extent. I am currently trying to barter him down to near $1800 but I would be willing to accept $2000, +/- $100.

I hope this additional information can be of more help as to determining the wiseness of this possible purchase.

Once again thank you all.

incorrect ....THE bidding starts at 1000.00 as you see it says to the side RESERVES not MET. This means it can go as high as 4000.00 if someone was that much of an idiot, the prices end when the TIME ends

If your willing to upgrade mobos and all id suggest building your own. Heres how much its going to cost

Prommy Mach I - $550 [w/ intel or amd cpu kit]
Lian Li PC65 (pre modded) $239
LIan Li Kit $140
P4 2.8C $263
Gigabyte 8KnXp $200 [compatible w/ mach i]
512m buffalo pc3700 ram $120
radeon 9800 pro $330
total $1842

the printer and scanner he has you can get for under $100 e/a and pick out and monitor and this setup will be much better then his. out of the 2.8c you can get 4Ghz or also instead of a 2.8c you can go a64 3200+ for a 600mhz oc and blow out all competition

id say build it yourself. also you never know what he did to that setup. maybe he had it running at 1.8v for days =D. Also 2.8c to 3.15Ghz is an AWFUL overclock my 2.4C can do better on air =D

SpeedFreak75 said:
incorrect ....THE bidding starts at 1000.00 as you see it says to the side RESERVES not MET. This means it can go as high as 4000.00 if someone was that much of an idiot, the prices end when the TIME ends

I think you read more closely:p

Bidding has ended for this item

well well, I guess you miss it, or ............

CrashOv3r1De said:
If your willing to upgrade mobos and all id suggest building your own. Heres how much its going to cost

Prommy Mach I - $550 [w/ intel or amd cpu kit]
Lian Li PC65 (pre modded) $239
LIan Li Kit $140
P4 2.8C $263
Gigabyte 8KnXp $200 [compatible w/ mach i]
512m buffalo pc3700 ram $120
radeon 9800 pro $330
total $1842

the printer and scanner he has you can get for under $100 e/a and pick out and monitor and this setup will be much better then his. out of the 2.8c you can get 4Ghz or also instead of a 2.8c you can go a64 3200+ for a 600mhz oc and blow out all competition

id say build it yourself. also you never know what he did to that setup. maybe he had it running at 1.8v for days =D. Also 2.8c to 3.15Ghz is an AWFUL overclock my 2.4C can do better on air =D

great advice I couldn't have said it better:D

Thanks for the info so far guys, I have just one more thing to ask. I have decided (with reaffermations in this thread) to go ahead and build my own. This is what I'm looking at right now:

Prommy Mach 1 (going w/ enlight due to budget right now)
---$580.15 - - - kit-tronic.com

Swiftech H20-8500 and 2 MCW50's for VGA and NB cooling
---$195.85 - - -coolerguys.com

Leadtek Winfast K7NCR18G-Pro II Motherboard
---$128 - - -newegg
(wanted to go with A7N8X-Deluxe but dont know if Prommy will fit it)

Athlon XP 2500
---$80 - - -compubuzz.com

Corsair XMS PC-3200C2PT 1GB TwinX RAM
---$246 - - -newegg

Dual Seagate 120GB 7200RPM SATA HHD's
---$206 - - -gameve.com

Powercolor ATI Radeon 9700 PRO 128MB
---$249 - - -gameve.com

Logitech MX Cordless Duo Keyboard & Mouse
---$70 - - -newegg

Lite-On 48x24x48x16x Black CD-RW/DVD ROM
---$56 - - -newegg

Mitsumi Black 3.5" Floppy
---$6 - - -newegg

Viewsonic P95F+B 19" Monitor
---$279 - - -newegg

Enermax 550W PWS
---$110 - - -newegg
(Don't really know how much power will be enough for this set up)

For a total of $2207, which is $7 over my prospected budget of $2200 but not like $7 is going to kill me. I probably upgrade to the Lian-Li setup once more cash flow is coming in but this I think is pretty good.

Let me know what you guys think of this setup and if you have any input as to what I should change or if you think it is good aswell, please let me know.

Once again thank you all for helping guys. :)

most of the things look good, just have a few suggestions:

are you sure the Mach 1 won't fit on an Abit NF7-S?

the Seagates might not be the best, Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 or IBM 7K250 are both SATA and have 8MB cache. They should be faster. Go to storagereview for reviews. If you chose the Seagate for noise reasons, I can say that the other two are only 1db louder.

I made a head to head comparison for those 3 drives:
http://www.storagereview.com/php/be...&devID_0=250&devID_1=226&devID_2=241&devCnt=3

I think if you can find a 9800 non pro, that would be a better buy than the 9700 Pro. They cost the same.

I'd also suggest a Fortron or Antec 530~550w power supply. They are better power supplies than the Enermax.

Last edited:
Back