• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wOOt! Got the XT/PE back from Viper John *pics*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
crimedog said:
Viper, as a 6800u user with very similar clocks i have to say that 3d05 score is off. I get about 6400 with untweaked windows.

I'd say it's not worth it for you to mod 6800u's because they dont scale with voltage like the x800s and 9800s (not to mention you can just flash bios for more vgpu). They also run a little hot for air cooling. But saying they're too slow to mod is ... just wrong.

Did you remember to change the NV drivers to high quality to match ATI's default driver
setting??? NV drivers do not default to high quality at install.

Viper

Smokey21 said:
What exactly are your aims?

I mean modding cards that slow isn't going to do much is it?

Recent games will hardly benefit, 3dmark 01 won't, and 03 and 05 will a tiny bit.

Not worth it at all. :)

I dont care for 3dmark 2003 and 2005. I will benefit from nature in 2001 and probably in both dragons if my cpu doesnt bottleneck too much. You are right I wont see much of a benefit in games due to their cpu intensive nature unless I run 1600x1200 with aa/af which I dont. But hey its still fun to play around with older cards ;) Also when I get a Venice, a vmodded and insanely oced 9800p is gonna scale nicely with my Venice as I wont be as cpu limited

Overclocker550 said:
I dont care for 3dmark 2003 and 2005. I will benefit from nature in 2001 and probably in both dragons if my cpu doesnt bottleneck too much. You are right I wont see much of a benefit in games due to their cpu intensive nature unless I run 1600x1200 with aa/af which I dont. But hey its still fun to play around with older cards ;) Also when I get a Venice, a vmodded and insanely oced 9800p is gonna scale nicely with my Venice as I wont be as cpu limited

LOL, no no no.

my point was recent gamed won't benefit, because the cards are to slow in the first place. You CPU is not a ****ing bottleneck, get that out of your head, infact the whole dam phrase.

You only care about 3dmark 01? Why? Get a better cooler and clock the cpu higher, or better memory with tight timmings.

A vmodeed 9500 and ti4800 is worth **** all if you ask me.

Overclocker550 said:

3Dm01se is pretty useless for testing video cards...especially on two different computers.
It is effected more by system speed than card speed. You still can't beat using 3DM01se
Nature in a torture loop for putting heat into a core on x800/x850 cards though.

3DM05 is hard to beat for cross platform compares. It is fairly immune to system speed
differences unless they are really large. 3DM03 is somehwere in between the two.

Viper

Hmm - well i have a 9700 non-pro, does 345Mhz Core easy on air with the shim removed, memory however is another story - could I benefit from a voltmod in any way? Memory on the card is 3ns Infineon.

fordsierra4x4 said:
Hmm - well i have a 9700 non-pro, does 345Mhz Core easy on air with the shim removed, memory however is another story - could I benefit from a voltmod in any way? Memory on the card is 3ns Infineon.

345 core would have been well below average for a stone stock R300 core card.

Infineon need good ramsinks, Vdd, Vddq and Vref Vmods...and they still can barely get
out of their own way.

viper

It'll go to 360 core, but will artefact after about half an hour - then again, that was with the shim still on the core...

What would be the best i could hope on the memory side of things with the voltmod? If i could hit 325Mhz - i'd be happy

So WA2, what are the abseloute max clocks you cna bench at and game at?

What kinda difference are we looking compared to stock for both?

well on my x850xtpe i got 590/625 bone stock and 600/625 with a waterblock, this is 24/7 gaming clocks. after i modded vgpu, vdd, and vddq my 24/7 gaming clocks are 660/640, max is 680/650 , highest benchable is 690/655

nice clocks bobmanfoo! sadly due to a severe lack of cash i had to downgrade my x850xtpe down to a pci-e x800xt...and its currently broken and awaiting rma :(

Did not want to post to big of pics..much detail on them, though

Yeppers. I asked him before posting...no need for people trying to cash in on his hard work by dups of it.

Viper..Card rocks bro, I have had nothing but people saying how kick *** the mods are. You ar Da Man!!!

Should have the MACH II back this week...then we will be able to see what this new one can do! wOOt! :D

WA2 said:
Yeppers. I asked him before posting...no need for people trying to cash in on his hard work by dups of it.

Viper..Card rocks bro, I have had nothing but people saying how kick *** the mods are. You ar Da Man!!!

Should have the MACH II back this week...then we will be able to see what this new one can do! wOOt! :D

It will do a lot better if I can ever get around to doing the 50MM TEC ProtoType. Heck I would just love to get my NF4 test setup finished lol.

Viper

Back