• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Work Unit Nightmare!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir-Epix

Okay over a year ago at one of the times Seti@home servers were down for sometime I decided to help out another project. I chose Climatepredication.net at the time. It was all going great until I downloaded this work unit. :bang head

I am a big believer on not scraping work units just because they suck, so I stuck with this one. I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel, and was wondering if anyone has ever gotten a work unit quite this bad.

Attachments

• climate.PNG
    climate.PNG
    6.2 KB · Views: 188
Click on the show graphics button when that workunit is highlighted. If it shows an "iceworld", then it's just a bad workunit and you should cancel it. You can lookup iceworld on the climateprediction.net forums if you want. BTW iceworld means the entire globe will be blue and thus cold. You've entered an erroneous ice age.

Click on the show graphics button when that workunit is highlighted. If it shows an "iceworld", then it's just a bad workunit and you should cancel it. You can lookup iceworld on the climateprediction.net forums if you want. BTW iceworld means the entire globe will be blue and thus cold. You've entered an erroneous ice age.

Nope not an Iceworld. Just a really big unit.

That's not the standard. I ran it for a few months and on average, work units took 2-300 hrs on a 2.66GHz Wolfdale.

The Iceworlds only tend to happen on windows box's with intel chips. I forgot about that. Just a really big work unit I guess. Cudo's for you finishing it.

12 days (300 hours) to complete?!? Man, that's gotta' be worth 10k or so?

Sir-Epix, what CPU is that running on? I've been looking for something to do with my old FX-57, that might be just the thing.

It would be great if you could post the credits you get for that monster ...! :)

Credits on Climate prediction are weird. It's a flat rate for each specific work unit.
Some tasks took me 250 000-500 000 seconds and all were granted 2080 credits.
Work units in the 1 000 000-1 500 000 second range were ~7145 credits, and work over 1 500 000- 2 000 000 second range granted 9527 credits.

12 days (300 hours) to complete?!? Man, that's gotta' be worth 10k or so?

Sir-Epix, what CPU is that running on? I've been looking for something to do with my old FX-57, that might be just the thing.

It would be great if you could post the credits you get for that monster ...! :)

I am crunching on a T7200. And I get about 200 cobblestones per day... so 3500 hours / 24 hours * 200 points = 29,000 points?

Back